1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Homesick @ school

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by deadbolt, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Oct 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    dont trip big homie i had that same thing.... where did u move too..?? u say quarter..?? u at san diego..??

2. Oct 27, 2009 at 12:53 PM
    Juggernaut

Juggernaut Captain

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    18 PreRunner TRD OffRoad DCSB
    I didn't realize appreciating our armed forces and promoting having a gf made me an a hole. My bad.

3. Oct 27, 2009 at 12:56 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    i didnt see that... u good with me big homie...

4. Oct 27, 2009 at 1:24 PM
    IndigoTaco

IndigoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab Sport 4x4

5. Oct 27, 2009 at 1:55 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    dammit guys stay on topic, this guy is pouring his heart out to us! lol

6. Oct 27, 2009 at 3:36 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs

7. Oct 27, 2009 at 3:38 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    I could see if drinking would solve this issue. im kidding.
    I have around 4 weeks till thanksgiving break then 2 weeks after that. Hopefully the weeks go by fast.

8. Oct 27, 2009 at 5:57 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Do u go to UCSD..?? Hell what helps me is Tacoma world lol... honestly just do stuff that gets your mind off of thingds and keep busy and they shit will go on by like nothin happened..

9. Oct 27, 2009 at 6:10 PM
    EmoSlayer

EmoSlayer METAL!

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100s all 4 corners, front set at 0.85 w/ eibach coils metalcast red, driver's side lean spacer, rear tsb leaf pack with tsb aal from toytec, 265/75/16 goodyear wrangler authority, MT Classic III 16x8 4.5bs, LR UCAs
    i was homesick for the first two weeks when i went out to upark, then i started slammin' some tice nitties, and now i'd give my left nut to go back to the carefree days of school lol

10. Oct 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    I go to ucsb. yah im glad i started this thread cause now im going on tw more often. Out here i havent been on tw all that much since i dont really have the chance to mod the truck.

11. Oct 27, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    calm down. next semester, your family will be begging you to come home. homesickness is totally natural. happened to me. i missed my family, my girlfriend...yada yada yada. after awhile i adjusted and friggen loved being away. even broke up with the GF. she was the best...not my best move.

now years later, i hate going home. i miss my family, but would prefer to visit with them on trips, rather than going back to my home town.

stay the course, kid. calm down...good luck. (trust me)

12. Oct 27, 2009 at 8:54 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    eh give it some more time man, you'll get used to it. college is the best time of your life

13. Oct 27, 2009 at 11:36 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    right on bro... i was there this past spring to go see my buddies grad and that might be one of the schools ill go to for grad school... but not sure yet... dude Santa Barbara is amazing... once u get into the Santa Barbara seen you gonna be like DAYUMMMM...!!! this shit is tight.... hell i might have to bring the taco down there and we could rep the tacos right lol...

14. Oct 28, 2009 at 7:36 AM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    sweeeet, hopefully this weekend ill have some fun to get my mind off of things. what will you get ur masters in? and yah i dont really see that many tacos up here, come down and represent!!

15. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    u go to UCSB and ur homesick?! dude! go out there and slay some box!

16. Oct 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Right on... Well righT now I'm finishing up my bio chem bachlors and hopefully I'll be done by the spring if not I'll be one more semester at CSUN... I wanna go to pharmacy school... My first choice is USC cuz that's my dream lol... But the next ones would be UCSB and UCSD... the only thing is that Santa barbara has Pharmacolgy which is the research and development... Pharmacy is the counting pills part and stuff lol... Which Im pretty sure u get a PHD IIRC... what r u going to school for... ??

17. Oct 28, 2009 at 2:06 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    cool cool man. my intended major is bus econ with an emphasis in accounting. but im having second thoughts on being an accountant. thats one of the main reasons i kinda dont wanna stay here. accounting is the only emphasis they basically have for bus econ majors. where are you originally from?

18. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:47 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    yea for sure.... make your desicion quick tho cuz its not a good idea to switch majors when your half way done.... cuz u will never finish at that point... lol... Well im orginally from Odessa Texas... But i live in palmdale if u know where that is lol... i commute to CSUN cuz i was living in long beach last fall but the living thing kinda shot to shit... u deff know your friends when u live with them lol... So i moved back and it saves quite a bit of money for me at least... dont get me wrong i wish i was still there and all but u gotta do what u gotta do sometimes... But im deff gonna move for grad school... i was thinking about minoring in Bus finance but bio chem is all can handle plus its making my hair recede lol... Did u transfer from a community college or u fresh outta high school..???

19. Oct 28, 2009 at 10:08 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    im a transfer student from a community college. i went to a cal state for my first year out of high school but then decided i wanted to go to ucsb, which im thinking was a bad decision hahah. yah living with people was a new experience for me. i wish i had my own apartment though.

20. Oct 28, 2009 at 11:25 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    yea same here i transfered from a community college too... I donno if u are familiar with the CC trap or "community college trap" lol but i got stuck in it... it took me forever to finish cuz i kept tellin myself ill take the class over... THAT WAS A BAD IDEA LOL... I started caring about school and all of a sudden im finishing up My BS in biochem.... trust me bro it aint a bad decision the only real thing that u might have issues with will be roommates but who dosent... ?? I hope i didnt scare ya lol... Did u move in with people u dont know or people u know..?? Cuz let me tell ya its better not to know the people first cuz for me at least I didn't know the people that ive known for years one of which was my Douche Bagg cousin.... but opinions may vary and it just might have been my luck lol... Also living by yourself in college is gonna be to much of a headache cuz your gonna have to worry about all of the stuff in the apartment like utilities, cleaning, rent.... And thats what the roommates are for lol.... Cuz with school and worryin about all that stuff becomes a hassle... Ya know..??

Products Discussed in

To Top