1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Honda vs Harley

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Vang Toua Moua, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Oct 30, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    teamcurtis

teamcurtis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curtis
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC 4x4 Super white
    285/75/16, snugtop xtravision, pop-lock
    victorys are a nice in between....

2. Oct 30, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    VenturaSuperMagna

VenturaSuperMagna Loving Life!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    Go Rhino D2 Stainless Steel steps, Gator FX3 Tonneau Cover, in bed battery powered Led light, Pop and lock power tailgate lock, keyed locks for all 5 storage compartments, in window channel rain deflectors, front hood bug deflector, weather tech floor mats. More to come...
    I say ride all the bikes you are considering purchasing and then decide which ones feel most comfortable to you and anyone that will be riding with you. All I have ever owned except dirt bikes are Honda and I am considering an Ultraglide classic limited in the next year or so. I want a touring bike and it sits lower than the goldwing. I don't like HD pricing and all the extra add on crap just to make it your own. The bikes are well built compared to what they were in the 60's and 70's but still crap compared to my 87 Super Magna that looks like new with 26,000 miles on it. If you want a cruiser find the comfort first then the name. Also consider how much fuel it holds and how far you like to ride... I have ridden cross country round trip twice on a bike and will never do it again on anything smaller than a touring bike. Stopping for gas every 100-120 miles sucks!

3. Oct 30, 2014 at 4:16 PM
    T Fades

T Fades Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    Hey Jared,

You stationed at Point Mugu?

4. Oct 30, 2014 at 4:46 PM
    Vang Toua Moua

Vang Toua Moua [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vang Bang
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Silver Tacoma 2.7, Access cab, 5 lug
    Custom front bumper and rock sliders, glasspack muffler, shorten exhuast, abs killswitch, roof light bar, rear e locker.
    Thank you everyone. Yeah I really loved the Harley because I loved them growing up not knowing there was other brands. Plus the Harley I liked came with apes, that's only kinda why. I love the look of ape hangers.

After seeing them personally and met a gentleman who owns both and still had both, I got his opinion. He loves his Honda for its quick getup, comfort, and reliability. His Harley because it's got more aftermarket and because he rides it with his bike club who only allow Harleys.

So he said for someone who's 5'3" like me and want the comfort, pick the Honda. So I'm thinking about getting the Honda fury and just slap on apes. Then I get everything I want. Chopper look, a reliable Honda, and ape hangers.

5. Oct 30, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    SpeedoJosh

SpeedoJosh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access cab, Base, 4x4
    Like a jackhammer and obnoxiously loud?? :D:poking::D

6. Oct 30, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    Gearheadesw

Gearheadesw must modify

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    1 truck 1 car 1 motorcycle
    I've had all sorts of bikes, Jap bikes, HD, race bikes, dirt bikes. Just ride something, that YOU like, have fun, be safe. As long as you ride, it's good.
    Present bikes, 2007 VRSCX and a 1985 VF1000r. Like the Harley's now=old ;(

7. Oct 31, 2014 at 8:49 AM
    frizbal

frizbal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off-Road
    I agree. Polaris now owns both Victory and Indian. So they have done a good job revamping both lines.

I rode the Scout, and I must say I was very impressed. I'm not a huge fan of the Indians because they weigh so much, but the scout is an entirely different drive train, motor, frame, etc. It has a lot higher revs than say my Judge. I liked riding it. Although not made for tall riders.

8. Oct 31, 2014 at 9:05 AM
    cory02taco

cory02taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2013 trd super sport
    My neighbor has an 04 vtx1300 with over 70,000 miles, and has never had it apart. My dads 2013 tri glide has less than 5000 miles and has been towed to the dealer twice and has had the valve train replaced. Harley's are a rolling joke if you ask me.

9. Oct 31, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    VenturaSuperMagna

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    Go Rhino D2 Stainless Steel steps, Gator FX3 Tonneau Cover, in bed battery powered Led light, Pop and lock power tailgate lock, keyed locks for all 5 storage compartments, in window channel rain deflectors, front hood bug deflector, weather tech floor mats. More to come...
    Retired from Point Mugu but still there very often. Did you see me there recently?

10. Oct 31, 2014 at 12:19 PM
    js312

js312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    23 F150 PowerBoost Lariat 502a
    Husky Weatherbeaters, OEM Mud Guards, Wheel Well Liners, Bullet Spray-In Bed Liner, Gator Soft Tri-Fold Cover, Hankook DynaPro AT2 (Summer), Blizzak DM-V2 (Winter)
    Do Goldwings still have boxer engines in them? Not that it's necessarily better, but I think it's cool. I had Outbacks with 6-cylinder boxers and they were great. Sounded great, revved high with amazing throttle response, yet still had torque down low.

11. Oct 31, 2014 at 12:35 PM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    Love the Hondas, just great bikes. Not a fan of Harley at all, reliability means something to me and my experience with them has not been good. Currently I ride a V Star (Yamaha).

12. Nov 2, 2014 at 7:36 PM
    oldtimertoyota

oldtimertoyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2009 4X4 Double Cab-1986 2wd Pickup Orig own
    Since a kid I'd always dreamed of owning a Harley, such a cool history spanning more then a 100 years, flat track and Evel knievel jumps were what got me into Harleys. Hondas are bullet proof bikes and I own one but I also own a Harley, two way different bikes but cool in different ways!

13. Nov 3, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    T Fades

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    No I didn't see you. Just saw you are Navy, and living in Camarillo, and just figured it must be Point Mugu.

I live in Simi, and back when they used to have airshows, I was there all the time. Bummed they don't do them anymore.

Sucks about the Hawk Hunter that went down last week.

14. Nov 3, 2014 at 5:36 PM
    floodedkiwi

floodedkiwi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Naw'lins, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2019 GMC AT4
    Dog.
    Honda builds and sell motorcycles..... HD builds and sells image.... Great business and marketing strategy on their part.

Jarlaxle likes this.
  15. Nov 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM
    DeltaSteve

DeltaSteve Social Critic

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    FW,TX near TCU
    Vehicle:
    '09 White TRD access
    KING 2.0" PERFORMANCE SERIES REMOTE RESERVOIR COILOVER SHOCK W COILOVERS, TC UCA, OME DAKAR SPRINGS, RELENTLESS PLATE R BUMPER and MORE :)

Exzactly ...... A marketing life style.:lalala:

16. Nov 3, 2014 at 9:54 PM
    VenturaSuperMagna

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    I feel for the pilot's family. Glad no one else was hurt. I usually avoid air shows after 20 years on the flight deck of aircraft carriers....

Maybe we will get a chance to connect one of these days.

Jared

17. Nov 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM
    roadking1

roadking1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    n.j.
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TrdPro 6-speed manual
    I bought my Harley Road King 13 years ago. Never let me down. Reliable as my honda was. I wanted a comfortable and versatile bike.The Road King does everything with comfort and style.

18. Nov 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

19. Nov 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM
    T Fades

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    Agreed. Not only that, Honda riders usually don't care what anybody else is riding, as long as you are riding. We all share that sense of vulnerability out there.

20. Nov 4, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    SpeedoJosh

SpeedoJosh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access cab, Base, 4x4
    Agreed. Harley riders are like road bike riders. First thing they look at is the type of bike you have. This is before they even look you in the eyes or say hi. If you're not riding some high end, fully carbon fiber masterpiece, they turn up their nose.
    Honda guys relate more to the mountain bike riders. Friendly, always smiling, don't care if you're pedaling a $10k bike or a $150 walmart special.

Case in point, Ride a non HD motorcycle by a bunch of Harley guys, maybe one wave out of 10. Every other bike, and I mean every other I've gotten a wave. Sport bike, dirt bike, non HD cruiser, vespa, etc...

Also Harley only clubs. What the gay is that?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top