1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hondo Garage's New Thing

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by wileydavis, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Oct 30, 2018 at 8:01 AM
    riz_atx

riz_atx #bigpermtaco #teamBP

Member:
    First Name:
    Sohail
    Spicewood Texas
    Vehicle:
    ‘16 4x4 DCLB GFC Locked, Geared, Tuned
    C4Fab/RCI/BAMF, ADS, 4.88, Lockers, OVTune
    So did any damage occur with the tent open and being torture tested?

2. Oct 30, 2018 at 8:17 AM
    rajacat9

rajacat9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Washington State
    Unfortunately, it is true. I probably have the record for the longest waiting period. Nine months.......so far.
    Hey. I'm "in production" whatever that means.:confused: I've been "in production" for over a month. I made the mistake of telling my friends about my new camper. Now wherever I go, in this small town, I keep being asked "is your camper here yet"? It's getting old.:pout:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  3. Oct 30, 2018 at 8:57 AM
    I_eat_tacos

I_eat_tacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    Same LOL. Everytime someone at work I told asks my heart sinks a little more. Luckily next week is the week!

PNW Explorer and YOTA 4X4 like this.
  4. Oct 30, 2018 at 10:37 AM
    crazysccrmd

crazysccrmd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Aprilia Tuareg 660
    I guess it just depends on how they run the production order. You ordered nine months ago but only paid a month or two ago. Probably any people who ordered after you but paid first are prioritized.

PNW Explorer likes this.
  5. Oct 30, 2018 at 10:43 AM
    Quadabaum

Quadabaum Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 DCSB
    265/75R16 Falkens, ADS 2.5" Stage 3 Suspension, Go Fast Camper
    Im not sure exactly how they line up production but I paid in full in April and will be picking mine up in 2.5 weeks. I suspect it will be out of production this week.

6. Oct 30, 2018 at 10:50 AM
    rajacat9

Member:
    Washington State
    Probably, but I would've paid in full anytime they wanted. Nobody asked me till Sept. I had the full payment set aside. Money was not a problem. Really, why pay in full till required? Also it was never stated that campers would be initially prioritized according to when full payment was received.
    I understand that ordering the XL version might cause some time shifting and I've been understanding but they've definitely been put on the back burner. Originally I was told sometime in July my unit would be in production.

7. Oct 30, 2018 at 10:53 AM
    crazysccrmd

crazysccrmd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Aprilia Tuareg 660
    :notsure:

I’m just throwing it out there as a possibility. I know the preorders were given the option to pay in full early on in order to secure a production spot. The order of full payment trumped the order of deposit at that point from what I saw.

PNW Explorer likes this.
  8. Oct 30, 2018 at 11:00 AM
    slowboater

slowboater Well-Known Member

Member:
    I like these guys a lot. But, even I'm starting to get annoyed at the 'delivery' schedule. They've been really straight forward and I can handle a few changes. But how frikkin hard can it be to have the new guy they hired on the road full time to get the backlog of deliveries finished? They should be delivering whatever a full load is every week (I think I remember 6 being the magic number). Sometimes it's not going to pretty - up the coast, down the coast, backtracking and retracking...

IMHO their best advertising isn't 'expos' or whatever those gatherings are called. It's having GFC's in the wild.

Ok. Rant over. I'll go back to being a fanboy (without ever actually having seen what I spent my $$ on)...

Photoweekender likes this.
  9. Oct 30, 2018 at 11:25 AM
    TacomArizona

TacomArizona Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    15' ACOR 2wd 4.0
    #Gimmeanm3 When you say #163 is that your number for the build queue ?

10. Oct 30, 2018 at 12:20 PM
    OR4x4

OR4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCLB 4x4 TRD-OR Super White
    Just saw my name pop up on the leaderboard after depositing last week. I'm considering getting a topper to tide me over until my GFC comes in sometime 2019.

11. Oct 30, 2018 at 12:26 PM
    slowboater

Member:
    You buy have mine if you're willing to come to Vancouver...:)

tonered likes this.
  12. Oct 30, 2018 at 12:27 PM
    Gimmeanm3

Gimmeanm3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    '18 DC LB TRDOR / 2011 BMW 1M
    That was my order number on the receipt. From what I can speculate in the beginning those numbers would be closer to your 'place in line' since the only orders they were processing were for complete campers. Now that they have accessories available to order someone could be order #12547 but that has nothing to do with someone's place in line for a camper.

For what it's worth I called and spoke with Elise yesterday (10/29...the day I was told mine would go into production) and she said they were still on schedule for that. For me the biggest concern at this time seems to be shipping. I'm planning to pay for the White Glove delivery as I am uneasy about sending my $6k camper through the torture of freight delivery and don't feel like doing a 20 hour round trip from Denver to MT in December to get it. If it was summer I would probably feel differently.

Elise explained that with the shipping schedule they need to make the most of each geographic location to 'batch' them for a run. That being said...anyone in the Denver area that's also going into production now? We could push to get them all on the same delivery!

Willbeck likes this.
  13. Oct 30, 2018 at 2:19 PM
    PNW Explorer

PNW Explorer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR DCLB Mag Gray
    @rajacat9 , that's a bummer but @crazysccrmd is correct. I am 90% positive that they posted in here and/or in one of the random email updates that production order was based up full payment position.

14. Oct 30, 2018 at 2:52 PM
    rajacat9

Member:
    Washington State
    If that's the case, why bother with a deposit at all? Just require full payment. up front, so there wouldn't be any misunderstandings? Otherwise full payments would be received randomly according to when the customer had the money available which isn't conducive to planning production. If it's the standard policy that production placement would be according to full payment order then it should be clearly stated on the websight not posted here and there.
    What should be done is a non refundable deposit and when your time comes up they should notify you for the remaining balance. If you can't come up with the bucks then you lose your place in line. I think this is their policy now. To ask potential customers for the entire balance up front and then have them wait 6+ months is a bridge too far.
    Actually, I think that the delay with my unit is primarily because its a XL unit. I'm just getting very frustrated because of all the delays and missing last Summer and this Fall.
    I've been a big GFC supporter. I've gone onto other sites and extolled the virtues of their design and I've talked them up locally. Some of my friends are interested in the design and are anxiously waiting to see my completed unit.

15. Oct 30, 2018 at 4:07 PM
    OR4x4

OR4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    If it was super white, I might... I'm coming to Vancouver in December...

16. Oct 30, 2018 at 4:10 PM
    slowboater

Member:
    It’s temporary anyway. I thing orange would really make a statement.

17. Oct 30, 2018 at 4:12 PM
    OR4x4

OR4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    Haha can't tell if you're serious. What kind of topper is it? You'd make more money selling it to an orange long bed...

18. Oct 30, 2018 at 4:59 PM
    slowboater

Member:
    Just screwing with you. I’ve got it listed on CL. Just need to find someone with an orange truck. I keep getting guys with other colors that want me to discount the price of getting it respirated...

19. Oct 30, 2018 at 6:20 PM
    Taco612

Taco612 Member

Member:
    I think they're just learning as the go along. I'd be surprised if they thought they were going to get this much attention, and this many orders, when they started. I have my order in with my deposit. I'll be surprised if they hit their promised delivery date. I could go over to AT Overland and pay a couple grand more for a "surer" thing. But, I like the minimalist design GFC has put together. The fact that they have trouble with communication and honoring their commitments on schedule is annoying, but it's really the norm these days. So, we'll see if things get better over the next six months. If not, it was just a $500 learning experience for me.

Willbeck and rajacat9[QUOTED] like this.
  20. Oct 30, 2018 at 6:28 PM
    YOTA 4X4

YOTA 4X4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Double Cab Off-Road
    OME HD Lift all around, SCS SR8 Rims, 255 85 R16 Cooper ST Maxx, Decked Drawers, 30" Rigid Pro Light bar above bumper on Rago Mounts, Rigid Dually Side Shooters on Rago ditch brackets, Hondo Garage Un-Holey Phone Mount X2, Hondo Radio Knobs AR Bolt Face, Garmin InReach SE GPS synch'ed to Iphone for GPS only mapping, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Husky Liner Contour floor mats, 63 QT ARB Fridge on Alu-Cab tilting slide. GoFastCamper (#41), ARB 2500 Awning with Full Room, Mobtown Off-road Sliders and Full Aluminum Skids.
    You’ll get a camper don’t even worry about that. It will not be a $500 learning experience. GFC May kinda suck at communication but they are putting out products. I promise you they aren’t going anywhere... Hondo Garage and Wiley where a big reason I believed in them to begin with. And keep in mind I plunked down full payment long before ANY GFC’s even existed... they’ll make good on getting you a camper though admittedly it may not be on schedule and you might not know about it until it’s 2 hours from your house... communication has been and continues to plague them... they just plain old suck at it. Hopefully they’ll get better.

Oh and the guy who posted about his AT Overland on the wedge camper thread said his Summit was over 12k, so unless you’re really a high roller that’s a pretty huge difference from the GFC... close to 6k by my calculations...

Willbeck likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top