1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hood stay holder finally snapped

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by techtalk, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Jul 6, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    techtalk

techtalk [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey guys,

The hood stay holder (part #452-90351) on my '01 Taco snapped off the other day while I was checking the oil. I guess that it had deteriorated over time and eventually became so brittle that the pressure caused by inputting the prop rod into it spurred it to snap like an unstable recently-terminated Mail Carrier :(

So I ordered the measly $4 part from toyotapartszone.com (I saved a dollar off of the dealer price! Beers on me guys :D) and am wondering if anyone has had experience replacing this part? It seems like it would be a retardedly simple procedure but if anyone can provide their insights into the job then I'd be much obliged! :cool:

2. Jul 6, 2011 at 8:52 AM
    BFA

BFA Nuttier than squirrel shit.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 3.4 4x4 5spd
    are you talking about that little plastic ring around the base of the hood prop?

3. Jul 6, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    If you are referring to the clip that the prop rod snaps into so you can close the hood, then it's very simple to replace. It's just a plastic clip and snaps into place. Oh, and every Toyota I've owned has had that clip snap off at one point or another. Damn Arizona heat!!!

To Top