1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hook up after market back up camera to after market HU?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pgiroua, May 13, 2011.

1. May 13, 2011 at 6:42 AM
    pgiroua

pgiroua [OP] Geaux Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Lights "a la Caribe Style", 20% Tint, csjumper2003's LED's (dome, map lights, park lights), Sylvania ZXE headlights and fog lights, Tonnopro Bed Cover, DTRL on any time mod by piercedtiger, Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100's (front and back), OME 883 Coils, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack
    Is this possible? If so, does anyone know of a DIY out there to get this done? I searched the forums and can only find results of people that are hooking up the the stock backup camera to an after market HU and to the rear view mirror or people that have the camera in place on the back of the truck but didn't actually have the option installed on the truck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Royce

2. May 13, 2011 at 7:42 AM
    pgiroua

pgiroua [OP] Geaux Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Lights "a la Caribe Style", 20% Tint, csjumper2003's LED's (dome, map lights, park lights), Sylvania ZXE headlights and fog lights, Tonnopro Bed Cover, DTRL on any time mod by piercedtiger, Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100's (front and back), OME 883 Coils, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack
    Well I guess I should not have asked the question of IF it was possible since I do realize that yes it is. My only question therefor would be how it could be done. What is the best route for a double cab? What panels to take off? Safest way to take those off without breaking anything? Would the whole dash need to come apart? Etc, etc...

To Top