1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hookah Talk

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by blackhawke88, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Jun 23, 2011 at 4:53 PM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    Subbed

2. Jun 23, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    JSW

JSW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Orlando FL
    Haha. When did you go there? I went to blue lizard a couple of times. Just didnt have the same feel as Meridian. Maybe it was because I knew everybody or it was "our" place to hang out.

3. Jun 23, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    Fall 2010

4. Jun 23, 2011 at 5:12 PM
    ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    going to the hookah bar tonight with the lady and some friends.
    :D

5. Jun 23, 2011 at 5:16 PM
    Maverick904

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    It wouldnt work if your wanting it to last long..the coal will torch that crap in probably 30 seconds

might as well get a water pipe if your looking for water filtration

6. Jun 23, 2011 at 5:23 PM
    Maverick904

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    are you looking for the pipe flavor? cuz they do make that flavor shisha. or is there a specific flavor that you are trying to add, cuz you could probably mix it in with another flavor that you think it would pair with well.

7. Jun 23, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    Maverick904

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    im sure you could find menthol...if not there is spearmint, or just regular mint flavor

mint is quite an interesting flavor..not a fan of it straight but it makes for an amazing mixer

8. Jun 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    VooDoo

VooDoo More Cowbell!

Member:
    First Name:
    Carter Ivey
    Baton Rouge, LA/ Starkville, MS
    Vehicle:
    '06 DC LB PreRunner
    just picked up a hookah a few days ago...pics coming :D

9. Jun 24, 2011 at 12:51 AM
    VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    East Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 BSP Pre Runner SR5
    Tint. (DONE) Soon to come. 3in Llift (OME) Color matched grill (DONE) BHLM (DONE) Tail tint (DONE) Pro comp rims (8069) End goal: Murdered out truck
    There is a regualr tobacco flavor for the hookah and some people i know, hard core hookies? ha use the tobacco and put the coal right on the sheesh. Not a fan and will never do it.

anything mint can be awesome or rough, but need to smoke it in moderation in my experience. Blue mist is one flavor that has a bit of menthol and its great to smoke with.

10. Jun 24, 2011 at 12:52 AM
    VanillaGorilla

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    East Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 BSP Pre Runner SR5
    Tint. (DONE) Soon to come. 3in Llift (OME) Color matched grill (DONE) BHLM (DONE) Tail tint (DONE) Pro comp rims (8069) End goal: Murdered out truck
    What brand? true one hose or two or three?

11. Jun 24, 2011 at 6:23 AM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    Blue mist is by far one of my favorites. Why do you say to smoke it in moderation?

12. Jun 24, 2011 at 7:06 AM
    toysrgood

toysrgood Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Reg Cab
    After living in turkey for a year and frequenting the hooka lounge bi-weekly, having my own hooka could not live up to that experience.

We simply could not get the coals to light and get the same consistent burn we got at the lounge. It was far more work than it is meant to be and was no longer relaxing.

Sad, because I loved that stuff. My wife and I liked ordering multiple flavors and combining them and it was a good social atmosphere. I miss it!

13. Jun 24, 2011 at 7:09 AM
    ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    see you're from SC what part of the state?
    and side note, we had cherry bomb last night. was pretty good

14. Jun 24, 2011 at 7:35 AM
    toysrgood

toysrgood Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Reg Cab
    Living in Sumter working in Columbia. My wife works in Sumter but may be changing soon so we may buy a house in Columbia.

15. Jun 24, 2011 at 8:06 AM
    VooDoo

VooDoo More Cowbell!

Member:
    First Name:
    Carter Ivey
    Baton Rouge, LA/ Starkville, MS
    Vehicle:
    '06 DC LB PreRunner
  16. Jun 24, 2011 at 9:53 AM
    Maverick904

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    He was saying mint flavors need to be smoked in moderation. I think this is because they tend to be very strong flavors and can get bored of easily if smoked frequently.

When smoking a minty flavor there is a very distinct cool sensation to the smoke. If smoked regularly you could lose this sensation due to the fact that you just get used to it.

Blue mist is a good one... also watermelon w/ a hint of mint is quite delicious.

17. Jun 24, 2011 at 9:55 AM
    Maverick904

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    We used to smoke those hookahs in the car.. we would find a way to get them to stay in a cup holder and then create a barrier out of tin foil so that the coal wouldnt fall off..

For sure an interesting experience that can get even more crazy when a coal drops in between the seats ahaha. good times.

We once had a 3 hose lit in my friends jeep while we were goin down the highway. there were 3 ppl in the car so we each had our designated hose.. i sat in the back holding the hookah between my legs so it wouldnt tip.. more good times ahaha

(please note we were driving down the highway to our hookah store with a big ass hookah lit when we rolled up..) go big or go home?

18. Jun 24, 2011 at 10:10 AM
    VanillaGorilla

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    East Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 BSP Pre Runner SR5
    Exactly, like he said when you smoke a minty menthol type flavor it really cools the throat and over time you'll start to lose that feeling which is what makes it so distinct. Also since its so cool its much harder to tell if its starting to burn and get harsh, you think it feels great and all of a sudden your coughing for your life haha

19. Jun 24, 2011 at 2:00 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    :laugh: that is awesome!

I am trying to figure out a way to incorporate a hookah into my sit in kayak while I paddle down the river on camping trips. :cool:

20. Jun 24, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    Maverick904

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    ^^interesting idea...i dunno what could work...

maybe a mini cooler. put water in the vase, put hookah in the cooler, cover vase with ice. (keeps the water cold when using a small vase that cant hold a lot of ice) maybe you can get enough ice to hold the hookah in place in the mini cooler. and just use a foil guard for the coal?

id get a little mini like 30 dollar hookah so if it gets messed up or lost its no big deal

Products Discussed in

To Top