1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

hooked up XM today

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MWilliamson, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Jan 8, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    MWilliamson

MWilliamson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Pioneer AVIC X710BT
    So i got my pioneer XM receiver hooked up to my AVIC 710 a little bit ago. I'm already loving it! I can't believe I've been settling for FM radio this long! Nothing special so no pics yet. Put the receiver under the drivers seat; gonna get some velcro on the bottom to keep it secure. i got the cable from TSS audio that lets you use the factory satellite antenna with the aftermarket unit, works great and keeps me from having to use the black one and having a cable exposed. For you guys with XM, i'm already getting a bunch of channels. The unit was used, could it be that its unlocked without having to go through XM??:headbang::headbang:

2. Jan 8, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Let the ear drums start to bleed!!!! :headbang:

3. Jan 8, 2010 at 12:35 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    sweet! I like my dad's Sirius. I hate riding in my mom's car listening to the regular radio with all those commercials, it's so annoying.

4. Jan 8, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    AlexForbesR6

AlexForbesR6 My R6 Eats Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 6-Spd
    ive been wanting to get either XM or Sirius...glad to hear you like it!

5. Jan 8, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Well hopefully you wont get tired of it. I cancelled mine about a year ago. They play the same songs over and over and over and over again...just like FM radio. I only listen to AM talk radio and my ipod now

6. Jan 8, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    But they are usually NEW songs. Regular radio plays more older songs than newer. Plus, if you get bored of the music, you have comedy, sports radio, Howard Stern, talk show, and sports to listen to

7. Jan 8, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    jward2331

jward2331 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
    XM here... Lot's of choices. I hear a lot of newer songs then download them to the IPOD.

8. Jan 8, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    ROADHOG

ROADHOG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Valley of the sun
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl cab 4x4 TRD Offroad fully loaded
    Big block Chevy engine(just kidding)
    When I bought my 2010 Dbl cab TRD Offroad last August my factory radio came with a free 3 month subscription to XM/Sirius.It is now January and I still have the sat radio.They never shut it off.I don't really care though cause the sat radio is just as boring to me as regular FM radio.Free is always good though.

9. Jan 9, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    MWilliamson

MWilliamson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Pioneer AVIC X710BT
    well i've been listening to the lithium channel (90s ALT) a lot. Its been a great mix and I haven't heard the same song twice yet. Its definitely stuff I don't hear on the radio

10. Jan 9, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I realized when I had XM in my Accord and my Tacoma I still switched around to different stations quite frequently. I figured I could do that for free with regular FM broadcasts. Plus, I don't really listen to the radio that often anyway so it's not that important to me. In fact, I have had this truck since July and I don't think I have listened to an FM station on it.

11. Jan 10, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    Slotback

Slotback Triple Option

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner
    Big fan of satellite radio. I do like the sports coverage, when I'm not dialing up the classic rock.

Products Discussed in

To Top