1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Horrible vibration not normal!! Need help!

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by way2fast, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Feb 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Go to napa or a reputable parts store. Just buy the bearing and be done with it.

2. Feb 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    way2fast

way2fast [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Sport SR5 PreRunner
    2.5 King resi c.o., 2.0 fox piggys, deaver j66s, bhlm, grillcraft,
    None of the intellegent people at the stores here even show the part in the system

3. Feb 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Amazon seems to have them $60 to $90. Check your part number

4. Feb 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    way2fast

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Thanks ill do that

5. Feb 5, 2012 at 3:58 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
  6. Feb 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM
    way2fast

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    bad news! yesturday my bearing came in i put it on everything went good and worked well, but my dad borrowed my truck today and 120 miles later the peice of shit went out! I dont know why this one didnt last but the original has 52,600 before it went out but i guess the thing to do is to solid mount it. Good news is my mid travel came in so i can ditch the lift but i have to actually get a new bearing to get it to my shop. FML!:mad:

7. Feb 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more

What brand bearing did you get? And where'd you get it?

8. Feb 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM
    way2fast

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    I bought it from a local supplier here in town where we get parts from for our city vehicles, I cant remember off the top of my head what brand it was but its a common brand and made in the usa. I left the box at work. I just got off the phone and they told me to bring it by and show them so they could exchange it if it was defective

9. Feb 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    greenrustic

greenrustic Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 TRD SPORT
    Access LTD Tonneau Cover, Weather Tech Digital Fit Mats, Weather Tech Rain Guards, 35% Tint up Front, AFE Dry Power Intake Filter, Debadged, GrilleCraft, OME 884x, OME 9000 NitroChargers, Icon 3 Leaf Progressive AAL
    I think this may be my problem...it seems that I can push on the drive shaft at the carrier bearing and it has unlimited play it is only stopped by the rubber bushing and the clamp that holds it in place. I do not feel any vibration just hear a noise around 30 mph and up. Here is the link to a thread I started about the noise I am experiencing. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...r-case-chain-can-anyone-else-hear-theirs.html

Its possible that I am not checking it properly...

Products Discussed in

To Top