1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Houston area (along with DB's not from Houston) BS thread

Discussion in 'Texas' started by BulletToothTony, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Jun 9, 2021 at 1:37 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    His wife is full time stay at home Mom, so the free nights prob won't work for them.

2. Jun 9, 2021 at 5:45 PM
    357sig

357sig Donut king

Member:
    First Name:
    dough boy
    donut shop
    Vehicle:
    Gold digger
    Yeah, you should post it into he classified. If you're going to be that stupid

3. Jun 10, 2021 at 3:11 PM
    TexasTacoma713

TexasTacoma713 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra
    Www.PowerToChoose.org

Prices are generally lower in colder months.

Only one gas company.

And I like Xfinity over Att. I pay $47 (after tax) for 100mbs. Got friends with att fiber (it is fast), but I ain’t paying over $100 a month

Texoma[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Jun 11, 2021 at 5:51 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Agree on powertochoose site. I have used them several times over the years, just watch out that you don't just sort on advertised kw rate as most have a base charge that affects your true rate, and that base rate can get quite large for some that advertise a low kw rate.

As stated, only one gas "choice"

Internet seems to be very much personal choice as I've heard many points + and - for each provider. Just if you are watching costs, be realistic on what data rates you need, most people are GREATLY overbuying and will never come close to utilizing the amount, but still want to pay for it and boast about it (look how fast my 100Mbps line is when I only use one 7-8Mbps stream and a few low interaction websites).

5. Jun 11, 2021 at 6:00 AM
    TexasTacoma713

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra
    ATT has been pushing the fiber in my neighbor hard. Sales guy knocking on doors every year. I’ve had bad experience with ATT u-verse few years back, so I’m reluctant to even give fiber a try.

Also another money saving tip if your son goes with Xfinity/Comcast, have him buy his own cheap modem off Amazon. Don’t pay that monthly modem lease fee.

6. Jun 11, 2021 at 6:58 AM
    Truckntran

Truckntran Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 and 1998 Tacoma 2wd
    High mileage work trucks
    Frontier customer service sucks here in Central Texas. I would tend to stay away from them if there were other options at similar cost. They seem like they want to get out of the landline business here. Maybe because our town is too small to make them a good profit?

7. Jun 11, 2021 at 7:21 AM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    Your issue isn't really with Frontier - it's that you live in a small town with 70 year-old wiring.

I used to work for Frontier, and my BIL still does. Their customer service notwithstanding (and you'll get no argument there), in their defense - the landline game SUCKS. A DS0 line (base 2-wire telephone) is garbage in the current high-speed world we live in. The costs to maintain a wired telephone line have actually gone UP because the costs to maintain the antiques necessary to make them work is only going up.

The other problem is right-of-ways in getting to rural communities. In getting high-speed services to these locations new wires have to be run, and the costs per mile are astronomical in comparison to the revenue they'll provide. That's why the high-speed wireless-to-the-home systems they're deploying (on their way to you soon if not already) get around that. You get a high-speed solution that includes IP phone services, and you don't have to fund a very expensive (and unprofitable) fiber trenching project.

Truckntran[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jun 11, 2021 at 7:29 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Thank you for all of that. I think he has the Comcast/xfinity in PA where he's at now, so he knows about them. Looks like the power to choose site is pretty comprehensive.

9. Jun 11, 2021 at 7:48 AM
    357sig

357sig Donut king

Member:
    First Name:
    dough boy
    donut shop
    Vehicle:
    Gold digger
    Why is brisket almost 5 dollars a pound:annoyed:

10. Jun 11, 2021 at 10:40 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Value of the dollar has gone down

11. Jun 11, 2021 at 10:50 AM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    Some places around here are at close to $7. We just got a couple for $4...on sale.

[​IMG]

12. Jun 11, 2021 at 12:35 PM
    TexasTacoma713

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra
    I go to Sam’s club for my brisket. Everything else H‑E‑B

Kramykram likes this.
  13. Jun 12, 2021 at 2:39 PM
    Kramykram

Kramykram Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    21 Tacoma trd
    None yet
    LOL im so lost. If you're speaking of the rims. When and if I make up my mind. I will post them in the classifieds. I didn't think gauging interest was an issue. I did not list a price. So therefore did not think it was an issue. SO calling me stupid is a rather big assumption.

14. Jun 12, 2021 at 2:55 PM
    Kramykram

Kramykram Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    21 Tacoma trd
    None yet
    That’s insane, I do not eat a lot of beef, but last time I smoked a brisket I think it was like .59 a pound. But that was like 3 years ago.

15. Jun 16, 2021 at 2:05 AM
    weldertaco

weldertaco Mr.13%bodyfat

Member:
    texas
    Vehicle:
    TrailRunner
    4wd to 2wd conversion
    Would y’all buy someone else’s build or get something stock and unknown instead?

E24B0C17-AC39-41E3-A69E-86CA12401944.jpg
    5E60DE5F-349E-4E76-B852-A94B3CB6E3A9.jpg
    DA0BFB1B-9C3D-4F4A-ADF1-17DF7C1AB233.jpg

16. Jun 16, 2021 at 2:21 AM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony [OP] You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
  17. Jun 16, 2021 at 2:24 AM
    weldertaco

weldertaco Mr.13%bodyfat

Member:
    texas
    Vehicle:
    TrailRunner
    4wd to 2wd conversion
  18. Jun 16, 2021 at 3:03 AM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony [OP] You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Not with that attitude you can’t.

weldertaco[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Jun 16, 2021 at 5:25 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Isn't there a 12-step program for your serial vehicular addiction problem?

:p

Torspd likes this.
  20. Jun 16, 2021 at 5:29 AM
    weldertaco

weldertaco Mr.13%bodyfat

Member:
    texas
    Vehicle:
    TrailRunner
    4wd to 2wd conversion
    :laugh: I can’t go vehicle-less! I just wanted to downsize the debt and this was a good opportunity

Products Discussed in

To Top