1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How about an AZ only For Sale section?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by Holling, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Feb 11, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab, 4x4, TRD, SR5
    Eibach/Bilsteins, Beefed shackles, Bushwacker Cut-Outs, Custom roll bar, TG Sliders, Elite Front Bumper, XRC8 Winch
    Seriously dude? You're acting like a 16 year old girl. So change your soggy tampon and get off it. You're only coming across as a complete ass.

2. Feb 11, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    SLOCOMA

SLOCOMA Your Toyota Parts Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    kenny
    ARI-ZO-NA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD PRERUNNER
    Whoever take what Andy says soo seriously needs to grow the fuck up..! Have a sense of humor..!

3. Feb 11, 2010 at 9:48 PM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    If I am a 16 year old girl... would you date me? Cuz I think your tractor, err, Tacoma is sexxxxxay! I would touch your kermit the frog!! Whatcha say GARY!!!!!?????

4. Feb 11, 2010 at 9:50 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    hey gurrrl check out my profile pic. you like what u see? mmm mmmm

5. Feb 11, 2010 at 9:50 PM
    AriZonaD54

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    Hahah Sheepie just gave me negative cred. HAHAHA... freakin baby!! HAHAHAHAHAH

[​IMG]

6. Feb 11, 2010 at 9:54 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    ok first off

this thread should be in the site suggestions folder

2nd

i think Cmack has a good idea if its possible to implement it

3rd

just because someone doesnt live in AZ or has never been to AZ...they can in fact possibly offer valuable insight to help solve a "problem"

i personally dont feel like there needs to be a separate folder just for 1 state's BST threads...

its not like it takes that much more time to skim thru the BST section as is

7. Feb 11, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    oh...and 4th

you dont discuss rep :rolleyes:

8. Feb 11, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    AriZonaD54

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    I didnt say "R.E.P" ;)

Could have been talking about gang affiliated street cred :)

9. Feb 11, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    Sheepdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Eibach/Bilsteins, Beefed shackles, Bushwacker Cut-Outs, Custom roll bar, TG Sliders, Elite Front Bumper, XRC8 Winch
    HAHAHAHA. Dude you're immaturity is amusing. Normally it would be the 17 year old kid in this who would be pulling that. But as the "adult", YOU shold be setting the example and try to at least come across as mature.

And don't bitch about a negative rep, one of your little AZ buddies gave me one too, you dont see me crying about it.

That weak sauce shit tastes good on burritos. So don't be doggin it.

10. Feb 11, 2010 at 10:01 PM
    Sheepdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tigerfan and cmack are the only 2 guy's on here so far that don't have that cocky little mentality that you have andy. Strife to be more like them. Have some tact.

11. Feb 11, 2010 at 10:45 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    TBH, if the seller wants to sell local, and they wanna post it here... where is the issue with that? It's the seller's choice, if they want to limit exposure and reduce the chance of out of state potential buyers it's their choice. If you're outta state and wanna buy something... well then search every section every day. I see no problem with wanting to sell local first, if it fails expand out. :shrug:

Also, I honestly don't think there's enough traffic to warrant a new section for it on AZ alone... as it is there really isn't that many new threads being started to keep track of on a weekly basis. Just my $0.02.

The best improvement would be to implement a craig's type system just for TW... then you can search by location if you wish, or nationally/internationally if you choose. However, that's a whole bag of coding that bob probably doesn't have time for, nor is there a true need for.

12. Feb 12, 2010 at 5:12 AM
    AriZonaD54

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    STFU. You obviously dont know me well enough and didnt heed another member's heads-up that I should not be taken serious. Forums are for camaraderie, DIY tips and bullshit. 95% of my posts are bullshit, but you on the other hand... full on tossed your flame-suit on. For no reason. Move on dude. I let you post up one last time so you can get your find word/ speak last. OK.... GO!

13. Feb 12, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    True, but at the same point this discussion will really not effect you like it will me (being in AZ). However, you have provided some perspective on the matter, so thank you for that (being totally serious) and for not acting like a typical 17 year old.

let me assure, if we are gang like the world would be better if there were more gangs like us. I've never met a group of guys that are more willing to share and be part of a community than these guys here. I don't think we are being gang like and Andy is a big goof ball, if you met him you would see he's cool. (except when he doesn't go to 4 peaks and clean trash up:D)

see this is where you are wrong, Cmack never has any good ideas...he likes Canadians :eek::p JK JK. It is a good idea Conner :thumbsup:

I would just like to give you an experience I recently had as a response. I had two items up in the BST section recently and had little to know movement on them for a period of a week (both being over sized items). I posted them up on the local Craigs list and they both sold within days. When I met the three guys that bought the items, they all stated that they were members and never saw the items for sale. I can only assume that it was because of the sheer quantity of items in that section as it is.

I think that having a sticky like Holling's suggested would be good, so local guys could see what is for sale at a glance rather than have to go digging in the general BST sections. This is helpful since most people do not want to ship large items due to cost and time needed. And I think most would prefer to deal with someone locally rather than, out of necessity, ship things cross country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbMa4MGFCOg

14. Feb 12, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    doug355r

doug355r Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
    2.5" Lift with King shocks and TC UC, 4.88 gears, ARB compressor, ARB lockers, S POD, cheap lights
  15. Feb 12, 2010 at 10:24 AM
    Notty

Notty Well-Known Member

Member:
    5Twenty
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s OME887 Deaver AAL BAMF CMC ECGS Bearing Replacement Sprint Booster
    Every other forum I am on has a for sale sticky in the regional forums and it is a very nice feature to have. They also still have the general for sale forum too if you want to post it there as well.

I say this would be a great addition to the TW regional forums!

16. Feb 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    so with the "sticky" thread in each regional forum...the members would post their ad in the BST and post a link in their regional subforum's sticky?

i know on another site thats how its done for gun related sales...

that doesnt sound like a bad idea...i just dont think we need more subfolders for such...a thread for links to local sales would be a good idea though...

and tell your az friends to branch out and browse the rest of the site ;) jk

17. Feb 12, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
  18. Feb 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......

this is not Arizonaworld.com :D

19. Feb 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
  20. Feb 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    Jotun

Jotun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Rucker, AL
    Vehicle:
    DBL cab LB TRD Sport PreRunner

What he said

To Top