1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how are your teflon coated wheels holding up?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by stunt man hans, Jun 21, 2011.

1. stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] displaced viking living in new jersey

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    south jersey
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma reg cab 4x4 5spd 4cyl
    undercover se, pop&lock tailgate, rallye 1000 hela black magic lights, black grill craft grill lower. twm m1 abrams shift knob, ap ubolt flip kit & ifs high clearance skid , timbren bumpstops, pro comp 3 inch lift, goodrich ss braklines front and rear, lr uca's, customlightz.com fx-r 55 watt retrofit, ARB deluxe bull bar, vision-x solstice pods, black wet okole seat cover,weather tech digital floor mats window visors toyota hood guard, safari snorkel, full bed rug, full putco led swap hd led flasher cf18-08, pioneer bluetooth ipod navigation double din headunit, flowmaster 40 muffler custom center outlet exhaust, regear and arb lockers, arb rear bumper if they ever fucking release one lol and arb sliders coming soon as well as a new line-xtra paint job!
    thinking of different wheel options and i happen to come across a set of wheels i like a lot, but they are teflon coated. last i checked only my omelette pan was non stick :confused:.

i was not aware that they made wheels coated in teflon so my question is if you have a set of the atx teflons let me know how durable the finish is compared to a traditional powder coat. i like the look of them, but durability is a concern to say the least.

2. YotaDan

YotaDan Dan Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    I have them. I am probably harder on my wheels than most people, and they have not given me a problem yet (knock on wood).

3. stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    south jersey
    Vehicle:
    undercover se, pop&lock tailgate, rallye 1000 hela black magic lights, black grill craft grill lower. twm m1 abrams shift knob, ap ubolt flip kit & ifs high clearance skid , timbren bumpstops, pro comp 3 inch lift, goodrich ss braklines front and rear, lr uca's, customlightz.com fx-r 55 watt retrofit, ARB deluxe bull bar, vision-x solstice pods, black wet okole seat cover,weather tech digital floor mats window visors toyota hood guard, safari snorkel, full bed rug, full putco led swap hd led flasher cf18-08, pioneer bluetooth ipod navigation double din headunit, flowmaster 40 muffler custom center outlet exhaust, regear and arb lockers, arb rear bumper if they ever fucking release one lol and arb sliders coming soon as well as a new line-xtra paint job!
    nice thanks man thats good to hear i'm looking into the ledge lol. except for the fact that they are on national back order:) its a good looking wheel though. i would imagine they would be a breeze to clean being teflon.

how similar are they to lets say a frying pan? if they are really slick like that, thats was an awesome idea by atx.

4. oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I have a set of Mojaves due in this week, took about 7 weeks to get them. I hearf they hold up nice and clean off nice and easy.

5. nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    my mojave teflons are still in pretty good shape. i have a couple chips here and there but unless your really close, you cant tell

6. tacotrd647

tacotrd647 Resident "dude"

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Ridgeway, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner SR5 TRD
    KMC Enduro Wheels, 265/75/16 toyo open country at2
    Mine are great! No problems what so ever. Easy to clean and hold up through alot.

7. stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    south jersey
    Vehicle:
    atx is the only company producing wheels with this finish right?

8. nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    american racing is the company that makes them, atx is the series... i think

and yes, i'm pretty sure they are the only ones that make them

To Top