1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how clean is your house usually?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by RoyB, Jan 24, 2009.

?

Is your house usually clean?

1. I am single and my house is always a mess

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  2. I am single and my house is always clean

29 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. I am single and only clean when expecting company

19 vote(s)
    13.9%
  4. I am married and our house is always a mess

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. I am married and our house is always clean

47 vote(s)
    34.3%
  6. I am married and we only clean when expecting company

18 vote(s)
    13.1%
  7. A house cleaner comes in and takes care of the dirty work.

7 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Jan 24, 2009 at 6:43 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    We have a bad habit of taking the clothes out of the drier, placing them on the love seat, finally folding them, then placing them on the back of the love seat. Eventually we will put them where they go. Usually when the next load needs to be in their spot. Vicious cycle.
    I am OCD about my sink being clean and having the dishes saved. The girlfriend thinks otherwise. She wants to know why I got such a big sink if the dishes weren't meant to be in there.

2. Jan 24, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    You're as anal as I am! Awesome. The Dishwasher was made for the dishes. If you don't own one, the bench is the next suitable candidate.
    The sink is for washing stuff and getting water. Not storing shit. This isn't a goddamn trailer park.

3. Jan 24, 2009 at 6:55 PM
    hillbillytaco

hillbillytaco HOT!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    westbyGodvirginia
    Vehicle:
    06 impulse red trd off road dc v6 6spd
    our place is as clean as can be with a 2 year old boy rippin around like he is on nitro. the clothes tend to stay in the basket until they are empty then its time to do laundry again my wife cleans and then the bomb known as brayden (my son) either gets up from a nap or gets done playing in his room and boom total clutter again other than that pretty clean really clean when company is comming sometimes i say company is coming just to get the knee jerk clean house reaction

4. Jan 24, 2009 at 6:56 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    Dust is my friend. My house is ok. I actually do more cleaning in the garage. Tools get put away, in the house, laundry is just a guest beside me on the couch.

5. Jan 24, 2009 at 7:19 PM
    PaulVthe3

PaulVthe3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am a clean freak! OCD is a Mofo!! I wash All Clothes, hang them to dry,fold them and put them up for my Wife, 15 yr old, and Myself. I clean the whole house from top to bottom except for my daughters room. If Im out of town and my wife does it its never good enough or stuff is not folded correctly. You could walk in anytime for inspection and my place is tip top. Ive been told by friends that Im sick. I am but its NOT from being too clean or orderly. Now I dont cook my wife does that, but she doesnt do dishes unless Im gone! When I was in school I would bring friends or girls over to the house and they'd see my room and ask if I lived there it was so clean.

6. Jan 24, 2009 at 9:33 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Yes:)

I have 2 dogs, 1 cat, a 3 year old, a 5 year old, and a wife. I do the best I can, but it's virtually impossible to keep up with.

7. Jan 25, 2009 at 4:40 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    That's funny!

I don't usually push my husband to do anything. He'll do it on his own.

He knows.....(and I've told him this a few times) - if he bitches or complains about how the house looks, he can grab the vacuum cleaner and some cleaning supplies and get to work!!

8. Jan 25, 2009 at 5:43 AM
    RoyB

RoyB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    man, i need myself a wife or some of you guys sound like you might fit the bill as well lol.

9. Jan 25, 2009 at 5:52 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    when i was single living with my cuz,we had 3 cleaners comes in every week to clean up after our dirty asses.

10. Jan 25, 2009 at 8:16 AM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    Right now my house is clean but has the lived in look to it. I've got some ocd's when it comes to dishes and laundry. The kitchen gets picked up right away, dishes done, counters and sink and front of appliances wiped down with bleach once a day.. Weird I know.. Once a week the cleaning lady stops by to do the rest. It happens to be the some gal that does my folks house. Family maid I guess.. I hate dusting:mad:

11. Jan 25, 2009 at 7:56 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    I guess for having two boys (4 and 11), a husband, a dog and three cats, my house is pretty clean. Clutter annoys the crap out of me (doesn't bother anyone else in the house though), so that gets picked up all day. I'm trying to get better about it though--what am I going to wish I had done more in my life when I get to the end--clean or play with my kids? I'm the only one who really does the actual cleaning though I'm trying to give the eleven-year-old some responsibility in that department. He's in charge of the family room. He keeps it picked up sort of, but he is eleven! lol! I usually go through it with the dust buster in between telling him to pick it up and vacuum. He also puts away his own laundry after I fold it. Sometimes he helps to fold. I have OCD tendencies that come out with a vengeance when I'm stressed--then, as Hubby has termed it, I "frenzy" lol! My stress-coping mechanism is cleaning. Dust, however, is not a huge priority on a daily basis--I have 4 (was 5, will be 5 again on Saturday) pets, dust accumulates quickly as does pet hair! Sit on my furniture at your own risk! Lived-in but reasonably clean is a good description I guess. Depends on how stressed I am! :D

12. Jan 26, 2009 at 6:10 AM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    Its me, my wife, and my daughter (9.5 months) and our dog. house is pretty much a mess. I try to clean as much as i can but i aint no miracle werker. get it clean and the next day its a mess again.

13. Jan 26, 2009 at 6:52 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    House inspection today. You could eat off the floors. I hope they do.....

14. Jan 26, 2009 at 7:35 AM
    xtirtzt

xtirtzt Addict.

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    afe pro-dry S, flowmaster 40 series, ipod interface, black headlights, yellow fogs
    wheres the option for i still live at home with mommy and daddy cause i cant afford to move out yet and mommy works all day at cleaning the house but it never seems to get 100% clean because my younger brother and sister always leave there sh*t spewed everywhere instead of putting it away

hhahhaa:)

15. Jan 26, 2009 at 7:42 AM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    That is the hard part with being the older sibling. Pick up the slack.. The good news is you get to Purple Nerfle the younglins later on :D

16. Jan 26, 2009 at 8:27 AM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    Please explain for those of us who grew up only children? (Brother and sister are half and found later in life, so I never lived with them)

17. Jan 26, 2009 at 8:47 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    Inspector just left. I spent nearly a week bustin my butt getting this place ready. He was here for 10 minutes. Said "looks good". Aargh.

18. Jan 26, 2009 at 8:50 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Our place is pretty clean, as in we vacuum, dust, and clean the bathroom weekly. The landlord chose to install the cheapest materials, and worse- all of the appliances, kitchen and bathroom floors, counter tops, and bathroom fixtures are white. Thus they show any sign of dirt. The kitchen looks good for two days then I clean it again.

The other thing is that I'm pretty OCD, but my Wife is slightly messy, meaning she leaves crap everywhere. She has this permanent pile of clothes in her corner of the bedroom and anywhere else she inhabits has these little piles of "stuff" like knitting needles, yarn, magazines, and so on. I learned a long time ago not to clean up or neaten her messes because she gets pretty mad if I do because she can't find any of it when I do so.

I've gotten better about it, but the result is that the house never looks totally squeaky clean, which I suppose is fine. Our house just looks like its "lived in".

19. Jan 26, 2009 at 8:56 AM
    Alaskaflyer

Alaskaflyer My other ride Hovers

Member:
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner DC TRD Off Road
    OME 885 AAL, 2.5* shim, Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT KO 285/75/16, Spidertrax spacers, OME Shocks up front, Bilstein 5100 Shocks in back.
    Our house is always CLEAN, but by the end of the week we start to get taken over by clutter.

20. Jan 26, 2009 at 10:11 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Is it really worth having a *cleaning person* come to clean up your house?

When we bought our house, the previous owners had a cleaning lady for years. You could tell - a lot of stuff (vinyl floors, shower tiles, etc) had build-up on them. The shower tiles were dull and I spent a full day scrubbing them clean until they shined (like they were new). Same with the floors.... the vinyl floors had so much buildup.

Don't get me wrong, my house is far from a picture of cleanliess, but I know when something needs a good scrubbin'. If the cleaning ladies aren't scrubbing...what are they doing?

(no offense to any cleaning ladies out there)

Products Discussed in

To Top