1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How did you ask your wife to marry you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 01tacoprerunner, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Aug 7, 2010 at 12:18 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    When we met during a gathering of a large group of friends, she was told it was a blind date, I had no idea. Comedy ensues. Been together for 12 yrs now.

I proposed on a cruise at the captain's' table during the formal dinner. It was pretty cool.

2. Aug 7, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    Dam auto shop bet started the whole thing;)....You put $20 in front of a high school kid trying to build his car.dam straight I asked her out:cool::cool:...after I got the 20

Gave her the "ring" just before she went to Boston for school and I jumped a Bus to see the country...What the hell were we thinking???

35 years later,2 kids,3 grand kids and snow white hair BUT she still lets me through the front door each night :D....

3. Aug 7, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I asked my girl at Thanksgiving Dinner before saying grace in front of both of our families :)

4. Aug 7, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    jrobson

jrobson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover
    I handed her a ring and told her that she won. LOL No, really, I tied the ring onto a yellow lab puppy that I got for her. She was excited enough over the puppy and then she finally saw the ring and really went nuts. It's been happily ever after ever since. Approching 10 years now.

5. Aug 7, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    Gameday

Gameday Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kelowna, BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab TRD Sport
    TRD CAI, TRD CAT BACK EXHAUST, Bilstein 5100's set at 2.5", 1.5" spacers in the rear plus the TSB.
    On a beach in Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC with a picnic basket full of her favorite cheese, crackers, wine, antipasto, etc.

And a ring with 3 friggin huge emerald cut Canadian Diamonds :D

6. Aug 7, 2010 at 3:23 PM
    diggerbuzz

diggerbuzz Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    buzz
    ohio
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD SR5
    TRD exhaust tip , toyota bed mat , uws low pro tool box , wet oke seat covers front & rear
    I tried all evening to get her in the right place to pop the question but kept failing so I said what the heck and we went groung hog hunting . during the hunt I picked her up , sat her on the tail gate of my truck and got down on one knee in the bean stubble and popped the question. One awsome little boy and eight years later I still cant wait to come home from work to see her. We were introduced at a party on evening buy some friends.

7. Aug 7, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    01tacoprerunner

01tacoprerunner [OP] 01 4WD Prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD Prerunner
  8. Aug 8, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    tacomathom

tacomathom Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    It's not new, it's not Mexico
    We were sitting around talking about the future and I said something romantic like "we should go ahead and get married" and she said something mushy like "why not". That was 36 years ago and still counting.

9. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    pairodice

pairodice Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    SF NM
    Vehicle:
    02 DCSB prerunner 4x4 manual
    wth a pack of hot sauce from taco bell

10. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    USFCON

USFCON Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Melbourne, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5 Off Road
    FLM URD Short Shifter Debadged Gate 4 D-ring add on Weathertech floor mats Sport Wheel Swap Color matched Grill Bed lights Air freshner mod AAL Bilstein x 4 Tacolean Spacer Tins Bike Fork Mount Sexy Tires Blacked out Valence
    Met in Vegas, knew her name when the sun came up and asked her to marry me when she said last night was "on the house."

11. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:28 AM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    :rofl:

12. Aug 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    Drewboto

Drewboto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    Base model ಠ_à²
    (Former Tacoma owner) 17" Mustang wheels, Eclipse AVN 5435, Deck plate mod, vertical Maglite mount, K&N high-flow air filter, Delta gullwing box, amp, sub, 30 percent tint, floor lighting, tilt activated glove box lighting, lighting behind seat, engine bay lighting, SR5 grill surround, power windows, outside temp display
    Subscribed. I'll be proposing at the end of this semester (fall).
    Was it hard to ask? As in, were you nervous, shaky or awkward?

13. Aug 8, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    02YotaGuy

02YotaGuy Guy With A Red 80 Series

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Springfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    94 FZJ80
    Bumper, Winch, 315s, Sliders, OME HD lift, Custom rear swingout, roof rack, drawers, way too much to list.
    Well... I took her to the beach in Corpus Christi... As soon as she saw the ring the took it and put it on... didn't even give me an answer... But I figured that meant yes...

14. Aug 8, 2010 at 11:46 AM
    AntiTrust

AntiTrust Getaway Driver

Member:
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport
    I found a super-old glass bottle at an antique dealer, and hand wrote a love letter and proposal on a piece of parchment that I aged out in the sun for a while. I rolled it up and put it in the bottle with an old wine cork, and sealed with some wax.

We were scheduled to go to Washington for a vacation, so I shipped the 'message in a bottle' to my mom, and had her plant it in a specific location at Kopachuk State Park beach near Gig Harbor, which is one of our favorite places.

So the GF and I go for a walk on the beach near the planted bottle, and I wandered around the area until she happened upon the bottle. She thought she found a real antique message in a bottle, and was super excited. She took a few minutes to get the message out, and when she read it, I was behind her with the ring.

My mom and brother snuck down to the beach beforehand, and took a bunch of pictures of the whole thing....it was pretty epic.

She said yes, BTW. :)

15. Aug 8, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I was a little nervous. For one, There is always the chance she could say "No". And in my case, being in a public location, there was about 35 people watching.

16. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:15 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

I hope you went back there later with a blow torch & gave those stinging bastards some scorched earth therapy !!

As to the question, after 21 years she's still waiting for me to ask, but I can imagine it'd go something like this: (me) " Hey babe, whatcha want ta do today ?" (her)" I dunno,what do you want to do?" (me) "Uhh, I dunno.... want to get hitched?". (her) "Well, maybe 15 or 20 years ago I woulda when you had hair, no beer belly & at least half your teeth." :eek::eek::mad::mad: bitch
    j/k:D

I would marry her in a heartbeat if she'd have me, we'll see ,I think I'm wearing her defenses down......:D

17. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    yarik83

yarik83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Yuri
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD SR5 DoubleCab 4x4
    Lift kit, weight distribution hitch. Camper shell. Kayak Rack.
  18. Aug 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    01tacoprerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD Prerunner
  19. Aug 8, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    01tacoprerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD Prerunner
  20. Aug 8, 2010 at 8:00 PM
    jrdbrn

jrdbrn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Off Road
    I met my wife on Myspace, believe it or not. She had messaged me and we started chatting on AIM. We were both bored and I was 21, she was 20. She asked if I wanted to go to New Orleans and I said hell yea. Was quite the night. We left at 8 PM and got home at 6 AM. We ended up in some tattoo place where I decided in my drunken crusade to have my eyebrow peirced, which they really screwed up and that didn't happen. I did have a damn butterfly drawn on my arm with a Sharpie that I didn't remember getting. After much partying on Bourbon St, Frenchman St., and everywhere in between, she drove us back. I ended up walking to the wrong car... figured it out, then drove home. How did I make it? I still don't remember the drive LOL. She thought we would never see each other again, but I so happen to forget my cell in her car. The next day after I slept damn near the entire day, I went back to her house and got my cell. We spent a few hours chatting and I was hooked. She left for a family vacation for a few days. When she got back, we were never seperated :)

I proposed on Christmas of 09. I had her thinking she was getting a blender so bad LOL I had the ring out on the counter and brought her in. I kept waiting for her to notice... finally she did and started balling. It was great :)

Next week, we'll make 4 years together and 1 year 3 months married.

Products Discussed in

To Top