1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How did you ask your wife to marry you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 01tacoprerunner, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Aug 8, 2010 at 8:08 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    It was Dec. 31, 1999. We took a drive to Phoenix, AZ from San Diego, CA to see a good friend and watch the world's computer industry worry about the strike of midnight. We went to an outdoor concert near the college area of ASU. Once midnight struck, I went down on one knee and proposed. We soon called my family (since her parents were visiting mine) only to discover that they were one hour behind. So they didn't celebrate with us at the same time. Oddly enough, our 10 year anniversary is coming up.

2. Aug 9, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i'm actually giving this some thought at the moment. we're getting hitched sept 18 but i haven't technically asked her yet. she chose a house over a ring so since there was nothing to give her it just didn't happen. anyway, i guess i gotta come up with a nice way to ask. i know that kind of hting matters to girls.

3. Aug 9, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    ShaShasBoo

ShaShasBoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Lexington, KY
    Vehicle:
    06 DC Prerunner
    I had just left her Dad's house to ask for his blessing (After he pulled out a 6ft sword on me) and picked her up at her Mothers house. We were on our way to the Airport so I could fly back to Camp Shelby, then continue over seas. We were at a stop light, and I figured Fuck it, might as well do it here. Then Bam, I asked, and her response was "Really? At a fucking Stop light?) then she said yes.

4. Aug 9, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I met my wife on a blind date, was fixed up by our office manager. I asked her to marry me on the beach on Grand Cayman.

5. Aug 9, 2010 at 1:03 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    On one knee at our favorite restaurant where I took her on our first date. There was a table of six guys next to us. You should have seen the look on their faces lol. Afterwards she said, "I was wondering why you were so thirsty before dinner? You drank 2 beers in 10 minutes!". LMAO :)

Good memory. Cheers!!

Edit:
    Then I asked her father for his blessing. Very old fashion!

6. Aug 9, 2010 at 1:14 PM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    4th of July 2004, on top of a windmill during a Fireworks display in her hometown with all her family around...

REAL kicker... How she told me she wanted a divorce

Email while I was going on 2 months at-sea... after she already made up her mind 1 month prior and had been emailing me normally as if nothing was going on back home (until she was completely ready to move out, and spent all the money in my savings account)

7. Aug 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    shux guys, ur getting me all teared up

8. Aug 9, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    well, we kind of put the cart before the horse, if you get my drift. I decided we would go to the beach, she already knew she was getting a ring (we were due to be married soon anyway) instead of it being all nice and romantic, she sticks out her hand and wiggles her ring finger! WTF? anyway, I called her dad and asked for permission to which he replied "take her she's yours":D Five years com August 19th and she still puts up with me. :)

9. Aug 9, 2010 at 1:49 PM
    CPA_Taco

CPA_Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    Mall Crawler
    I filled it with awesomeness
    That's an awesome story!!! I've actually been thinking about this lately...

Basically what I thought was going up to the Teton's (she loves to hike) and go for hike up in that area. I've actually been keeping a bunch of stuff that we have done while dating (movie tickets, restraunt receipts, etc....Plus I've kept kind of a little journal with dates of significant milestones, because I knew when I first meet her that she was "the one." That actually sounds pretty sappy when i type it out like that lol) and thought about putting all those in a scrapebook. Then on the last page put the date we go on our little hike with a big question mark or simply put "will you marry me" and be down on one knee behind her....

What do you guys think? ghey? awesome?

If she says no that will be a loooonnnnnngggggg akward hike back to the Taco lol

10. Aug 9, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    BS. You can get a nice ring. Educate yourself on Diamonds, Find out what she likes (Oval, square, etc), then shop around. Find a nice setting first. Then, Keep an eye open for the rock.

11. Aug 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    Seaworld San Diego parking lot. Romantic, I know. And I just had knee surgery to boot, so I could't even get on one knee. She basically sat in the truck while I pulled out a ring and asked if she would marry me. Oh well, she said yes, so I guess it all worked out ok.

As far as meeting her. We were friends all through school. We have known eachother since 9 years old. We never dated until one date in senior year. When I got back from basic training, we ran into eachother while I was volunteering at our old school. We started talking, then we dated, then that was it...

Here we are in 5th grade..

[​IMG]

12. Aug 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    I proposed to my wife while we were scuba diving in Hawaii. I must say it was pretty awesome.

13. Aug 10, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    01tacoprerunner

01tacoprerunner [OP] 01 4WD Prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD Prerunner
  14. Aug 10, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    while she was water skiing i was in the back of the boat and held up a sign...

she ate shit after that... i jumped in... blah blah blah

[​IMG]

15. Aug 11, 2010 at 12:22 AM
    hawaiikone

hawaiikone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Mililani, Hi.
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner
    racks for my paddleboard
    In the parking lot of Kunia Golf course 40 years ago. We'd stopped to check out the view of Diamond Head (yeah, right) and I popped the question.
    Still a fine looking woman, but I've gone to hell.

16. Aug 11, 2010 at 7:00 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i'll get her a nice ring eventually. my good friends dad use to own a bunch of jewelry stores and said he can hook me up when i'm ready. i want to get her something nice though and with all the closing costs and stuff we have to buy i have no money for a ring (we each only have bedroom stuff, i have to buy sofas, chairs, tables, washer dryer, lawn mower, TV, and thats all coming out of my bank account. so she's gonna have to wait)

17. Aug 11, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    01tacoprerunner

01tacoprerunner [OP] 01 4WD Prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD Prerunner
  18. Aug 11, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    My wife and I met and began going steady in 8th grade and broke up (that's another story) while I was sitting off the coast of RVN while in the USMC.
    12 years later when neither of us had any money we were driving to Williamburg I ask her in my 64 VW bug if she thought the good times like this could remain and she said she thought so then I said then let's get married and keep them....26 years later she still keeps all the money and I get to buy what I want...when she says it's okay...LOL

19. Aug 11, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | DiamondBack SE Tonneau Cover, Havoc HS2 Hoop Steps, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber), RAM Mt A-Pillar Mod, Audio: Pioneer AVH-X5700, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
    I go to a book store and buy 1 each of every Bridal magazine they have. Then I go to the Florist and buy a dozen roses, give them the Bridal magazines and tell them I want them delivered to her house at 11:05 am tomorrow. The next day I arrive at her house to pick her up at 10:55, she meets me at the door, lets me in, turns around to get her purse. I pull up close behind her so when she turns around we're a few inches apart. I go over the details of how long we've dated and how close we've become, etc. and at about 11:03 I pull the ring out of my pocket, grab her hand, start to put the ring on her finger and ask if she wants to get hitched. With a look of surprise she says yes, I finish slipping the ring over her knuckle, we kiss, hug and then the door bell rings... she's like who is that! She opens the door and there's the flowers and Bridal mags right on time. I love it when a plan comes together. It'll be 26 fantastic years of marriage next month! I've been blessed, God is so good!

20. Aug 11, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6

Products Discussed in

To Top