1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How Did You Propose?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by SCRunner12, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Sep 21, 2011 at 11:50 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    It was a beautiful summer day in Lake Tahoe, California. We had gone on one walk for the day, but this was a rare instance where I asked to go on another one, by the harbor, on the beach with the snow-capped mountains in the background and the blue water in the foreground. She was convinced I did not have the ring, but I was 'acting strange' (I had to lie about the ring for over a month while it was being custom designed in CAD, then made and set!). She tried to dance with me and my hips in the kitchen at one point, but that was a big no-no because the ring pouch AND my decoy were in each pocket.

Fortunately she brushed it off with a little good ol' lie ("remember honey, I can't propose 'till I talk to your dad so obviously I'm not proposing"). We then went for a walk on the beach talking about God knows what; I was far too focused on the surprise element (my #1 favorite part) and planning the actual proposal on the fly. As we were walking on the beach, I took tons of pictures of her, the dog, and the surrounding area, making sure to ask her to pose so she would get further behind. This way I could scout the upcoming beach for the best location. At one point I saw the perfect setup for me - a deserted 150ft section of beach separated by large bushes. I made her stop for a few pictures so I could get a little ahead of her.

As I walked past the first bush, I tossed the decoy, a Red FJ Cruiser toy (her favorite car) in the sand. Then I waited... and waited... and finally she walked around the bush. I had to keep walking in the area of the FJ until she finally saw it sticking out and went straight for it. Being the little hawk she is, she focused on it, picked it up and started going off on how cute it was, how a little kid must have dropped it. Meanwhile I was fishing the ring pouch out, getting on one knee and preparing to ask her to make me deal with her for the rest of my life... er I mean marry me. Oblivious to me being on one knee, she recognized it as a Red FJ Cruiser and was ecstatic (lol), then finally looked at me [after I promptly dropped the ring in the sand, fished it out, cleaned it off and put it back in the pouch before she noticed], which is when I said "Will you marry me... permanently?" (an inside joke) to which she gladly accepted and proceeded with the emotional woman stuff, blah blah blah...

And here are the pictures of the bush/proposal staging area and the background

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sep 22, 2011 at 12:00 AM
    Dilley

Dilley Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    06 2.7L
    KN Cold air intake, Dynomax exaust, Husky liners
    You think your going to make them happy by going ahead and proposing and handing them over your balls.. they will just only resent you for being a pussy. Getting married is idiotic. you think your creating a bond to keep the woman but your really just giving her incentives to leave you and those incentives are all the things you worked hard for. She will grow to expect that she deserves those things that you provide her from the sweat of your brow as if she was the one doing the all the work. You will be that nuisance holding her back from all those wonderful things that she would have been doing if she was not stuck with such a piece of shit husband..... of course none of this applies if she makes more money than you... then you have a keeper.

3. Sep 22, 2011 at 12:14 AM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    LOL, so true, so blunt and yet so funny :ballchain:

4. Sep 22, 2011 at 1:13 AM
    GMIKE

GMIKE aint that some $h!t

Member:
    First Name:
    MIKE
    Carlsbad,CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner trd double cab sr5
    8000k 5% tinted windows debadged
    Am sure to whatever u do she will like it.she not gna say no cause u didn't do it all romantic. Just note that when u do ask and at the end of the day be prepared to get down between the sheets if u knw what I mean:D

5. Oct 11, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    SCRunner12

SCRunner12 [OP] Tundra Troll

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra DC, TRD, 4wd
    Thought I would update this since I popped the question this Saturday. I went a little different route than I had originally thought. I ended up making a onesie with "Mommy will you marry Daddy?" on it and putting it on my daughter before her morning nap. So when my gf went to get her up from her nap, she read the onesie and I was down on one knee behind her. It worked out perfect and happily she said yes.

2011-10-08_12-07-45_3232_d55ca839052422f63f700afe0d5d0c1a1d046f6d.jpg

6. Oct 11, 2011 at 11:16 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    congrats man!

thats a good idea!

7. Oct 11, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    NicNac22

NicNac22 D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Member:
    First Name:
    Nic
    Wild and Wonderful
    Vehicle:
    95 V6 4x4 ex cab SR5 5sp PICKUP!!!
    fun stuff coming soon! New battery, radiator and CV joints and axles. Added some Rancho RS5000 shocks.
    congrats, and you were sweating it for nothing. cute idea.

8. Oct 11, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    :woot:!!!!
    congrats!
    let the planning/arguing/brokeness start!!!
    ahah
    best of luck!

9. Oct 11, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    GVY

GVY All those moments will be lost in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    FT Bragg
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma 2.7L SR5
    Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares, ARB Winch Bull Bar, 3" All Pro Bilstein Coilovers, All Pro UCAs, Wheeler Off Road Custom Rear Bumper, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack, Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, All Pro steel-braided brake lines, U-Bolt flip kit, JBA cat-back exhaust, KC 6" Daylighters & 2x6" driving lights, AFE Pro Dry Air Filter, Deck plate mod, Toytec 1" shackles, Rhinolined bed, Tiregate Prerunner, Procomp 85 gloss black steel wheels, 285/75/16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts
    ^ Good idea! I went the same route. Took her down to Texas to meet my Dad's side of the family and camp out at the ranch. Asked her while we were cooking over the campfire after a day of riding Quads, shooting, and drinking Shiner.

***Just saw the update. Congrats!

10. Oct 11, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    What an excellent idea!!!!

11. Oct 11, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
  12. Oct 11, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    The first wife....
    I got all romantic....took her for a walk down by the river.....to a small covered bridge over a spring.....got down on a knee and popped the question (I was 19)

2nd wife
    We lived to gether for about a year...and she was always up my ass about getting married....I finally said "SHUT UP AND GET IN THE TRUCK....WE'RE GETTING MARRIED" and she got all shy and crap and said wiat blah blah blah...long story short....off to the courthouse....got married...went home...ate dinner....and I went to work on graveyards.

Now divorced again and there will be no 3rd timd :D

13. Oct 11, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    NicNac22

NicNac22 D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Member:
    First Name:
    Nic
    Wild and Wonderful
    Vehicle:
    95 V6 4x4 ex cab SR5 5sp PICKUP!!!
    fun stuff coming soon! New battery, radiator and CV joints and axles. Added some Rancho RS5000 shocks.
    damn i guess so when the second one happens that way...that should be your sign there

14. Oct 11, 2011 at 12:46 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Actually it lasted 13 years LOL :p

15. Oct 11, 2011 at 12:56 PM
    SCRunner12

SCRunner12 [OP] Tundra Troll

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra DC, TRD, 4wd
    Haha, my girlfriend showed me this a few days before I asked. I said the same exact thing and told her I'm not going to be able to do that. :D She kept watching these huge elaborate proposals and got me worried.

Good luck MJ, I thought I went too simple, but it worked out perfectly.

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. It was a long time coming, but I'm happy I did it. Now I have to listen to wedding talk for the next 1-2 years. She already has it all planned out in her head and is running things by me. :eek:

16. Oct 11, 2011 at 2:12 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Congrats! You done good! :cheers:

17. Oct 11, 2011 at 9:53 PM
    GVY

GVY All those moments will be lost in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    FT Bragg
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma 2.7L SR5
    Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares, ARB Winch Bull Bar, 3" All Pro Bilstein Coilovers, All Pro UCAs, Wheeler Off Road Custom Rear Bumper, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack, Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, All Pro steel-braided brake lines, U-Bolt flip kit, JBA cat-back exhaust, KC 6" Daylighters & 2x6" driving lights, AFE Pro Dry Air Filter, Deck plate mod, Toytec 1" shackles, Rhinolined bed, Tiregate Prerunner, Procomp 85 gloss black steel wheels, 285/75/16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts
    That they are. Cost me pretty much everything. It's probably why I love my Tacoma so much, it was the first thing I was able to afford and buy myself once I was financially soluble again.

18. Oct 11, 2011 at 9:59 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    I invited a bunch of her family/friends and my family/friends to go ice skating in the middle of summer. I informed everyone of my plans. She didn't know that I'd invited them all out and just thought it was some random thing that everyone was in town and thought it was cool that we could all meet.

I'd actually talked it over with the managers of the ice skating rink beforehand. They were really cool and worked with me on it. An hour or so into the skating they asked everyone to clear the ice. They killed the lights, turned on the blacklights and just a spotlight in the middle of the rink and put on a sappy song. I dragged her into the middle of the rink and did the whole one knee thing. It worked out pretty good. :)

Do whatever you think fits your relationship/personality best. I'm kind of a show off at times which is why I did what I did. :eek:

EDIT: ah shit missed page 2. Nice job man!

19. Oct 11, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    jedrovsky

jedrovsky say NO to BRO!

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    DIY stuff
    saw a deal on living social in my inbox for dance classes after the GF showed me this video...FML:confused:

20. Oct 11, 2011 at 10:24 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    first i took her out to eat but, i had a horse drawn carriage waiting for us outside after dinner so when i paid the check we walked outside and it was parked right in front of the restaurant.

she headed back the way we came i got on the carriage and told her it was for us. when she stepped up i did my thing she said yes and then we rode around old city phila for an hour while she looked at almost a years salary on her finger lol.

lol now while that sounds nice it was the biggest mistake of my life....

i'm just kidding i would do it all over again if i could she's the kind of chick you put a ring on i knew it the first time i saw her kisses k i love you :)

Products Discussed in

To Top