1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How difficult is installing "clear bra" yourself?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JPinCowtown, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Jul 1, 2009 at 7:12 AM
    JPinCowtown

JPinCowtown [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09' SR5 4x4
    I've been thinking about getting a clear bra/InvisiMask - just for the front bumper. (getting tired of touching up chips and scratches - man, that paint is fragile!) It's pretty expensive to have it done but you can buy a kit - bumper only - for $144. My question is - how hard is it for a reasonably handy person to install and make it look right? Also, is it "less invisible" on a dark or light truck?

2. Jul 1, 2009 at 7:25 AM
    FL4x4Taco

FL4x4Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    subscribing. also interested. Currently I just use a bug sponge on the front end when washing. And keep it waxed with Liquid Glass. Best wax/polish I have ever used. I've actually tried every single wax/polish available.

3. Jul 1, 2009 at 7:29 AM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    That sir, is pretty impressive. I will have to give it a try when I get home!

4. Jul 1, 2009 at 7:55 AM
    Munkey

Munkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paducah, KY
    Vehicle:
    2008 Radiant Red 4X4 Double Cab Sport
    OEM Tube Steps, Bed Extender, Pioneer Avic D3 with Bluetooth and XM Radio modules
    Never put a bra on myself.

I have removed a few in my day tho'. ;)

5. Jul 1, 2009 at 8:13 AM
    FL4x4Taco

FL4x4Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    yea a few yrs ago in college, my room mates and I were all car guys and working at car places. So we all pitched in and bought a a few bottles of wax/polish. Liquid glass took 1st, Astroshield took 2nd, can't remember any others. Only ones we didn't try were the paste and new NEXT; wasn't out at the time. But I have tried recently Liquid glass vs the original Next and it lost... L.G. won. But since Mguiars came out with "next 2.0". Have not tried that.

To Top