1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do we feel? Fox coilover package with TC UCA's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by frankakashane, Oct 1, 2011.

?

Fox Suspension or ICON?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2011.
  1. Fox Shocks front and rear

17 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ICON shocks front and rear

17 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Oct 6, 2011 at 7:57 PM
    HIYota

HIYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    Las Vegas, NV originally Kauai, HI
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver 6 spd TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    Check my build thread...too much to list.
    Ahhh, I see...well it's a good thing I'm not planning on doing much of that.

2. Oct 6, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
  3. Oct 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    For a "jeep" I'd say that's pretty good, lol! That race truck in the 2nd vid is bad ass!
    Read on a previous post how Chris4x4 got the Icon's tuned more towards DD and now seem to be the best of both worlds!

4. Oct 6, 2011 at 8:25 PM
    cummins6speed

cummins6speed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Limited Edition
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    Yeah must just be a jeep thing haha

5. Oct 6, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    that truck is badass but that guy is an idiot!! He could've at least worn a helmet to rep his intelligence in safety as well as his shock tuning skills!! Sorry just had to say it!

6. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:14 PM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Downsouth Motorsports Downsouth Motorsport Vendor

Member:
    Mission Valley, San Diego
    2017 4-Runner Dirt King Long Travel King 2.5 Coil-Over / 2.5 Bypass Front and Rear ICON Rear Upper and Lower Arms ICON Rear 2" Springs 285 x 70 x 17 Toyo Tires on 17" x 8" ICON Wheels
    This is Marco with DSM, and Wow...

This was on one of the first runs, and if you read Sonny's comment on the vid, it says that we changed the valving after that run. I don't know of too many people who can nail the shock tuning one a single run. If you can do better, great! I'm sure your customers are very pleased with the work.

Everyone has the right to an opinion, and that's fine. But it's funny that we try so hard, to do so much to help TW members all the time...and yet stuff like this pops up here, and people here still throw dirt on us.

-DSM

CKiehne likes this.
  7. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Member:
    2017 4-Runner Dirt King Long Travel King 2.5 Coil-Over / 2.5 Bypass Front and Rear ICON Rear Upper and Lower Arms ICON Rear 2" Springs 285 x 70 x 17 Toyo Tires on 17" x 8" ICON Wheels
    Can't argue with that...

That's not any of "us" at DSM in the car...that's actually the car builder/owner that's driving. And any of us would have most definitely been wearing helmets!!

8. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:52 PM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers

you know what you call that . . . . . IGNORANCE!! Dont worry, he aint speakin for everyone on here! We all know the great things yall do for us and it is much appreciated!! If one person out of all tha members on here has something bad to say about yall just cause of a video he saw and apparently didnt fully pay attention to then i think ur doin pretty good!!;)

and thats cool man, i just had to point that out! Doesnt seem like tha most sensible thing to do! haha

9. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:55 PM
    frankakashane

frankakashane [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Diego, California
    Vehicle:
    06 White 4x4 TRD SR5 O/R Pack
    Icon extended travel shocks front~Icon resi extended travel rear shocks~Alcan rear springs~total chaos UCAs~Wheelers super bumps front and rear~Diff drop~steel brake lines~Alpine single din stereo~blacked out emblems~front 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers~carrier bearing drop~TRD cat back exhaust
    You might be hearing from me in a month or 2 when i get back from deployment. Still really torn between the exact suspension set up i want, but i have heard nothing but good things about DSM.

10. Oct 6, 2011 at 11:01 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    I will stand behind Marco and DSM's advice and customer service. They have been great on the multiple orders I have placed with them. I wouldnt worry to much about it Marco, as you have seen for every 1 person you get badmouthing you for no reason there are dozens that come to your guys defense!!!

11. Oct 7, 2011 at 6:07 AM
    cummins6speed

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    It is just my opinion and I'm no professional but I have seen a few trucks with shocks from dsm that look way too soft but I guess that is probably more the truck owners fault for not taking them off and getting them changed

12. Oct 7, 2011 at 7:56 AM
    ruggedT

ruggedT The Sticker Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Midlothian, Va
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ford F250
    Diesel on 35's
    Dont worry about the idiots trolling Marco. We know whats up!

13. Oct 7, 2011 at 8:24 AM
    Underdog777

Underdog777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Gilberz
    Vehicle:
    '06 Stuckrunner
    Camburg LT.
    your gonna want them. If you gonna run a wider tire you may not, but my kit tucked the wheels pretty far in even with 0 back space...running 305's (12'' wide) tires meow.

14. Oct 7, 2011 at 8:34 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
  15. Oct 7, 2011 at 8:34 AM
    Underdog777

Underdog777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Gilberz
    Vehicle:
    '06 Stuckrunner
    Camburg LT.
    x2

16. Oct 7, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Member:
    Here's the thing, and I didn't mention this last night. We only do shock tuning to help people that we know & are friends of ours. There is no money or profit in it. We're out there in the desert 9.9 times out of 10 for free! We don't charge these guys for our time, or even for fuel. They don't pay any labor for service work, and only pay 10% above our cost for any replacement parts they may need. We just genuinely like helping people, and expect nothing in return. But when people who look at a video online, and make a negative comment on a public forum, which could potentially affect our livelihood...it's BS. Why would we still want to extend discounts and help to people on a forum that we're having to defend ourselves on?

We don't ever change Fox, Icon or King's original valving on their OEM replacement coil-overs, unless we're asked to do so, as Chris4x4 did.

To the OP...Thank You, for your service to our great nation, and my personal apologies for this thread taking a turn. Let's get back on topic here, and feel free to call us with any questions you may have.

The ICON 2.5 remote resi rear shocks are a great option. They are built with ICON's "Bump Zone" which slows down the shaft speed in the last 20% of the shock travel. It's a great design feature for high speed off-road driving.

Have a great weekend everybody!

- Marco @ DSM

17. Oct 7, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    cummins6speed

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Marco, I'm sorry to have offended you and your followers, I am simply making observations. Not just from videos but from seeing trucks in person who's owners claim that they are custom valves, but maybe I'm just misinformed.

OP, I'm certain you will be happy with either brand and I'm also sure DSM will set you up with exactly what you want/need for a great price.

18. Oct 7, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    lets make up for it! BAN!!:D

19. Oct 7, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    cummins6speed

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Marco, I'm sorry to have offended you and your followers, I am simply making observations. Not just from videos but from seeing trucks in person who's owners claim that they are custom valves, but maybe I'm just misinformed.

OP, I'm certain you will be happy with either brand and I'm also sure DSM will set you up with exactly what you want/need for a great price.

20. Oct 7, 2011 at 3:44 PM
    frankakashane

frankakashane [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Diego, California
    Vehicle:
    06 White 4x4 TRD SR5 O/R Pack
    Icon extended travel shocks front~Icon resi extended travel rear shocks~Alcan rear springs~total chaos UCAs~Wheelers super bumps front and rear~Diff drop~steel brake lines~Alpine single din stereo~blacked out emblems~front 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers~carrier bearing drop~TRD cat back exhaust
    Bump zone sounds pretty sweet :) I will definitely be calling you guys. As soon as i find out when this deployment is over that is. I have already been to your site many times. Thanks for stopping by the post, even if it wasnt as pleasant as it should have been for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top