1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do/would you treat your brand new truck?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by TacoBS, Jun 26, 2011.

?

HOw would you treat your brand new truck regarding off-roading

1. Baby it always

21.6%
  2. Baby it for a break-in period, then show it the ropes

53.6%
  3. Go directly from the dealership to the trails and never look back

24.8%
  1. Aug 24, 2011 at 8:39 PM
    dayNnite4

dayNnite4 We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    is that brown a factory color paint? or special order

2. Aug 25, 2011 at 6:47 AM
    2011TACOMAWHR

2011TACOMAWHR TACOMA 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    aaron
    lancaster SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 OR dbcb shortie
    big tires and tiny rims
    MGM

3. Aug 30, 2011 at 4:00 PM
    2007TacBorla4X4

2007TacBorla4X4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4 Short Bed
    Borla cat back, K&N cold air, Silver star bulbs, Nerf bars,NEW BFG, Weather teck windows, Flash light on the drivers seat, TRD off Road ft tow hook, Rear driving lights on bumper, Weather teck windows & ft bug guard, 4X4 switch glows, Windows tinted 20% sun shade
    Well I have done alot to mine in a week but not off road yet....

4. Sep 4, 2011 at 2:09 PM
    Mountainhound

Mountainhound Active Member

Member:
    SW corner New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    95.5 tacoma
    New to me but certinly not new
    I've owned 3 brand new trucks a 99 ranger a 01 f150 and an 04 350 first thing I did with them was take em out in the woods. The first time you hear that eeeeeeeeeeeeech from tree branches it makes your skin crawl but then it's oh well I bought them to use them so I used them. A truck is a truck is a truck use it as such. I am anal about maintanace but clean not so much, I have a dirt driveway and play and work in the dirt so dirt is part of life. If all I ever did was drive on nice city streets I would own a 4x2 (damn that was hard to say). But I own trucks because I need 4x4 a bed and I hunt hounds and love to explore. I always laugh when I see these nice built up trucks and jeeps and you know the thing has never seen a trail never mind engaged the 4x4 sad just sad. It's a truck damn it use it have some fun.

5. Sep 12, 2011 at 1:05 PM
    11TacomaBOB

11TacomaBOB Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Lemoore, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 V6 6spd
    Stock for now!
    less than 500 miles on her and I took her out for a desert romp and then a light trail! and now she sits in my garage until I'm off deployment but when I get home beach mudding! and more trails! its a truck thats what it was made for thats what it will do and its a toyota to hell and back it will still be kickin!

6. Sep 12, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    bridgcat

bridgcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    I baby the hell out of my truck! I'm a smoker and refuse to smoke or let people smoke in it...no eating in it....or drinking for certain people (messy ass friends). The only time it sees dirt or mud is at the hunting camp and it gets washed immediately. My friends think I'm anal but this is actually my dream truck...and I love it!

7. Sep 12, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Im with ya

8. Sep 12, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    I haven't washed mine in about a year I'd say. In fact the undercarriage gets washed more frequently. I don't really give a shit about the pinstripes and all because when it's time for a repaint it's getting bedlinered

9. Sep 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM
    ANGUS

ANGUS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Beckley, WV
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4cyl
    3in rough country, front adj bilstiens 5100s, volant cold-air intake, magnaflow exhaust, optima yellowtop, 4.56 motive gears rear, 4.56 nitro gear front with v6 front diff carrier, brute force fab front bumper, 6k hid, 1.25" wheel spacers, 15% window tint, cab lights, color matched bushwackers, trd hood
    i didnt buy a truck for it to look perty in the safe driveway. work hard n play harder!!!

10. Sep 12, 2011 at 8:57 PM
    Mountainhound

Member:
    SW corner New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    95.5 tacoma
    Didn't you get your dream truck to use:rolleyes: I'm sorry but I just never understood the baby my truck mindset. It's a truck it's a toyota use hard and enjoy the piss outta it.

You guys that baby your truck remind me of the dealership when I brought back a 01 f150 after lese was up dinging me left and right for scratches in the bed and light scratches in body. I was pissed it was like it's a fucking truck I used it as such.:mad:

11. Sep 13, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    malander

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    From a mechanical aspect you're right. I seriously doubt anyone here tries to abuse their trucks, but some use them for harder tasks than others. Even then I've had friends who were ford buffs but got stuck with Tacomas and fj80s. Literally tried to beat the shit out of them. The fj lasted over 300,000 an when it was scrapped the body looked like shit and there was a bird nest in-between the sunroof that leaked constantly. Engine still ran fine after abuse from "teenage" driving. The last I heard the taco is still running

12. Sep 13, 2011 at 1:42 PM
    Mountainhound

Member:
    SW corner New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    95.5 tacoma
    You have no idea how I treat my trucks, just because they get dents and dings and some scratches dont meen shit except the fact that it was used for it's intended purpose.

I always treat all my vehicals with respect, as in if it's broke I fix it maintanace is done on time and right. But that don't mean I don't use them for what they are made for. I own trucks to carry shit I also use the 4 wheel drive that his and mine came with again it's intended pupose. So you get real. Fucking big ass babies it's a fucking truck use it as such not some damn parking lot queen that is sitting there waiting for someone like me to own it so it gets used.

As an example I had a 83 chevy k10 awesome truck wish I never sold it anyway that thing was never happier than when it was loaded to the gills with shit in the back or when I was so called abusing it in the woods.

Another example is you see real nice sports cars that are never driven like they are ment to be hard and fast.

Also do you think the tacoma has it's reputation for being babied or used?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I should also point out I own trucks because I need trucks not as some damn status symbol. Oh look at me aint I cool with my truck. It's no wonder trucks are becoming more car like all the time, to cater to all the fucking idiots that treat like a baby. Toyota still makes real trucks for the overseas market though. I guess because the are still used in harse enviroments and their inteded pupose.

13. Sep 13, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    The Rainman wasn't retarded he was an autistic savant

14. Sep 13, 2011 at 11:14 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    it is brand spanking new beat the hell out of it beacuse it has new parts on it :D

15. Sep 14, 2011 at 4:48 AM
    Mountainhound

Member:
    SW corner New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    95.5 tacoma
    Who's the retard you call me my friend then call me a retard:rolleyes: You also seem to think I don't treat my trucks well, you don't know shit about me nor do you know what shape my trucks are in. But yet you want to sit there at your computer and tell me I don't care for them. Your an idiot and not my friend. I treat my trucks well but I also am not afraid to use them. There not beat to crap have they gotten dings and scratches and even on occassion had a dent? Sure they have there a truck and I use them as such.

Now I have no problem with keeping your truck clean, but if your so worried about it getting dirty you don't use it what good is it?

16. Sep 14, 2011 at 5:35 AM
    malander

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    These guys should go take better care of their trucks...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316003720.007752.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316003727.599308.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316003736.097096.jpg

17. Sep 14, 2011 at 5:57 AM
    Mountainhound

Member:
    SW corner New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    95.5 tacoma
    Ya they should they don't seem to respect there trucks.

18. Sep 19, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    ILLINOISTACOMAGUY

ILLINOISTACOMAGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darryl
    ILLINOIS
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5 SPORT
    WeatherTech Digital floor mats front and rear. Ventvisors, Hood protector, Towing package, Bed tiedowns, Wheel to Wheel steps,
    NICE:p

19. Sep 19, 2011 at 2:09 PM
    CGtaco

CGtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Fog light Mod Total Chaos UCA's Front Icons Rear Icon / res
    I feel that if you have 4x4 you should use it. I got my stuck playing at Prairie City SVRA near sacramento before I even made the first payment. Took it there to break it in. Now I live in kodiak and use it all the time to get to the hard to reach camp sites. Have the pin stripes to prove it.

20. Sep 19, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    My truck is my DD and work truck, and yes, it has it's fair share of scratches. The bed has some nice scratches along with some streaks of paint and dirt. I don't do any trails, but I love driving on dirt roads at every opportunity. :)

I definitely don't baby my little truck. (Aside from getting good gas mileage.)

Products Discussed in

To Top