1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do you know she's the right one?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jeremy_283, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    707tothe907

707tothe907 Superior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Chico NorCal
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Off Road
    So he already married her and NOW he's asking if she's the right one.

OP your doing It wrong.

2. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:06 AM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 [OP] Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    :eek:

I'm recently divorced :D

It was a clean split though, no kids involved.

I just knew this would be a question packed with answers, so I asked it.

3. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    Most times they will tell you..lol

4. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now

Divorced at 22..damn..

5. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    so did you meet another chick or something or are just bored and wondering?

6. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM
    Dcoma

Dcoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    5100's set @ 1.75 /Tinted window's/Vent visors
    I agree with the above. If you have to ask, she's prolly not the one. You will just know when a good thing come's!

7. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    GP3

GP3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4X4 TRD Off Road
    Front: stock suspension, 12" wide fiberglass fenders Rear: stock suspension, 10" wide fiberglass fenders
    This.

Slow down. What's the rush?

8. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    I'm just curious as to others' take on this question. Personally, I'm thinking there is no "right one". It's just who's BS you can put up with.

9. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I'm actually getting married early next year and one of the things that makes me feel confident that she's the right one is the way we disagree. We can completely disagree about something, have a healthy argument and move on. It sounds crazy but there are going to be things that you'll encounter that you will disagree on, it's just the way it is. How you deal with disagreements is very important. We've also talked about financials, house stuff, kids, etc and are on the same page with that type of life changing stuff.

10. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    *coughdon'tdoitcough*

11. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I knew the second I first set eyes on my wife that she was "the one"... 9 years and two kids later I still feel the same. :cool:

12. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    jdhaas3

jdhaas3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Jeep Rubicon
    Durango front bumper, Warn Dual Force Powerplant HP winch with synthetic line, 3.5 AE lift, regeared to 4.88, ARB diff cover
    I have dated girls in the past and after a weekend together I couldnt wait to get away and just be back by myself...needless to say those didnt necessarily work out too well.

This one loves my truck and wants to go camping. I ask her to go run with me and even though she hates it, she does it just because she knows I like her to come with me. I think its all the little things like that, that let you know if its right or not. I actually look forward to spending time with her...that was actually hard for me to type. I really dont care what we are doing, just doing it with her is fun for me. She actually just brought up the topic of moving in with me and I actually find the idea quite appealing, we are going to talk about it a little more this weekend but I do think that this is "the one" or whatever you want to call it.

13. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    GP3

GP3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4X4 TRD Off Road
    Front: stock suspension, 12" wide fiberglass fenders Rear: stock suspension, 10" wide fiberglass fenders
    Sounds like you are on the right track.

I'm curious, have you guys lived together yet? That's also a life-changing thing that many people ignore and wait until they are married due to religion/culture.

14. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

11SuperwhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    11 Super White TRD Off Road w JBL
    AFE cai, MBRP cat back, TonnoPro hard folding cover, Weather Tech's
    i used to work with a guy and before he got married he asked his wife if he broke both of his arms would she wipe his ass.... she said yes without hesitating.

15. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Call me old fashioned... My wife and I moved in together after we got married... :anonymous:

16. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    That's like blasting through a redlight at a crowded intersection without looking left/right. I'm glad you survived :thumbsup:

17. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Weirdo

:D

18. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM
    Shauncho

Shauncho Embrace your inner Bro-ness

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    Parts Unknown...
    Vehicle:
    none
    my wife from when I was 22 is no longer my wife...at 22 there's very little chance you could know what even qualifies as 'the one'. keep living young man...there's a whole lot of world/women to see out there...

19. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    Rupp1

Rupp1 "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR Auto Silver Sky 4x4 / 2017 4Runner Premium
    Before deciding if she's the one, remember this advice:

"There's no such thing as love, just sex and tolerance".

20. Oct 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    Stubbs95tacoma

Stubbs95tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Wichita
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5
    6 Inch Lift
    Shes the right one if you have been dating for awhile and she still blows you... thats how i always figure it

Products Discussed in

To Top