1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do you like your double cab long bed?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cycledrum, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Feb 11, 2008 at 1:46 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    The DC LB is good to have when you need it. Hauling around any sort of lumber would be difficult with the shorter bed. I also have bicycles that I throw back there and they fit perfectly.

It is a pain in the ass to park. Sometimes I find myself longing for the short bed, or even a civic for that matter.

2. Feb 11, 2008 at 3:24 PM
    TimTac

TimTac Member

Member:
    Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 Dbl cab TRD Yamaha se V6 auto Speedway blue
    I fell in love with speedway blue and lucked out at the dealer (only one left). The longer wheelbase had me wondering how hard it would be to get into those small parking spaces but it's not bad. I find it easier to back in some places.
    Even the LB seems short when hauling much of anything but then I was used to an 8' bed. I can't imagine how small the SB must be.

I love my DC LB and have no regrets!!

3. Feb 11, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    onelifeoneride

onelifeoneride Active Member

Member:
    Burlington, CT
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sport,LB, quad cab, speedway blue, 4x4, flame airbrush paint
    custom flame paint job, westin bull bar, something like 13 cupholders LOL, multimedia in thought/planning stage
    this is my third tacoma with a LB. i like the LB but only because i need it for work. if u didnt need it i would stick with a short bed. for offroading the long wheelbase makes it a little tough too. parking in the malls is an issue usually solved by parking out of the way, not too bad when its warm, but a biatch when its freezing out. but hey your buying a truck for a reason. its turning radius is acceptable/good, similar to most full size trucks. the rear seat is spacious enough for two adults, to be honest 3 "well fed american" adults wont fit. and in closing the truck has 13 cup holders!! why 13 cup holders for 4 people i dont know...i guess ...cuz toyota can

4. Feb 11, 2008 at 6:52 PM
    onelifeoneride

onelifeoneride Active Member

Member:
    Burlington, CT
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sport,LB, quad cab, speedway blue, 4x4, flame airbrush paint
    custom flame paint job, westin bull bar, something like 13 cupholders LOL, multimedia in thought/planning stage
    oh and about the color, americans in my opinion are very boring and silver has been the color of choice in all cars for the past few years...every 10 years or so one color becomes predominant...i have speedway blue...i like it bright and to stand out

5. Feb 12, 2008 at 7:39 AM
    cycledrum

cycledrum [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Union City, CA
    Vehicle:
    88 4X4 Pickup xtra cab, SR5
    Speedway Blue is nice :cool:

6. Feb 14, 2008 at 9:36 AM
    Bentridersteve

Bentridersteve New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner sport model long bed
    I love my Long bed. When my old tacoma expired after 200,000+ miles there was no other choice. I write for a bicycling magazine and do a lot of testing of recumbents. My tandem is a recumbent so my choices in truck was only a long bed. My wife argued about the dbl but now loves it. She drives it all of the time and has no problems with the length.

7. Feb 14, 2008 at 7:23 PM
    cycledrum

Member:
    Union City, CA
    Vehicle:
    I noticed many of the DC long beds in this area have the Sport package.

Also noticed the Tacoma brochure disclaimer says - you may get reduced tire longevity with high performance tires ...

I'm not sure if they're speaking of the 18" low profile tires on the X-runner or also the stock tires (265/65-17) on the Sport package / DC long beds.

8. Feb 14, 2008 at 7:24 PM
    cycledrum

Member:
    Union City, CA
    Vehicle:
    I'm starting to overthink things ... you just get the tires and suspension setup for your driving conditions.

9. Feb 14, 2008 at 7:30 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    If I could have found a DC LB TRD Off Road in Indigo ink i think I would have picked it up. It sure would be nice to be able to fit a few more people comfortably in the truck. Especially on trips. I still absolutely love my AC LB though.

Products Discussed in

To Top