1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do you remove a fuse?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by the_tick, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Jan 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    the_tick

the_tick [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Reg Cab
    OK, sounds silly I know. But what do you use to pull out those tiny fuses? And what are those fuses called? Mini ATM? They sure are tiny.

2. Jan 21, 2009 at 4:34 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Not silly if you havent done it! Well you can either use a pair of needle nose plyers (thats what i do most of the time) or you can buy a cheap fuse puller outer thing at any automotive store. they are plastic and very inexpensive. I have one but when i cant find it i just you needle nose.

3. Jan 21, 2009 at 4:34 PM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    There is a fuse puller in the fusebox lid under the hood. Also, those aren't ordinary mini ATM fuses. They are a new generation that don't have the long legs. The legs run down the sides.

Marc M

4. Jan 21, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    Dustin03

Dustin03 The Cooler King

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Expeditionary vehicle in training.
    Old Man Emu 2.5" lift, brush guard (about to be changed), grey-wire mod, custom bed mounts for 4 jerrycans, custom survival box, maglite mount, KC Dayliters.
    ^^^ That's all the information you need!

5. Jan 21, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    the_tick

the_tick [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Reg Cab
    you guys rule! i'mgoing to check now to find the fuse puller. now about the fuse size. i can buy tose at an auto parts store right? even if i get the ones that stick out a bit, they will work, right?

6. Jan 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    Most parts stores sell a little kit with the new style in various amp sizes. I purchased my little kit from Advanced Auto.

Marc M

To Top