1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do you store your mountain/road bike?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Drock42, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Dec 18, 2009 at 11:59 AM
    spaghettiedy

spaghettiedy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB Sport in Black 4x4
    Gray Weathertechs, LG Wet Okoles, Tacome OEM Bedmat
  2. Dec 21, 2009 at 1:11 PM
    Drock42

Drock42 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport 4x4
    Toytec Coilovers, LR UCAs, OME Dakar leafpacks w/5100s, 18" 951s, 285/60 TGs (6ply), Grillcraft MX upper & lower, Wet Okole seat covers, Rec-rac bike racks
    Thanks for all the responses and especially for those that took the time to show some pictures! I've narrowed it down to two racks. The way our garage is set up doesn't allow for hooks on the ceiling or wall. So here are the two I'm considering:

http://www.topeak.com/products/Storage/TwoUpTuneUpBikeStand

http://www.dero.com/products/gravity_rack/gravity_rack_gallery.html

I'm leaning toward the Dero rack right now. It just looks more sturdy, as in, less likely to let the bikes fall on the truck. Plus it's cheaper. What do you guys think?

3. Dec 21, 2009 at 2:04 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    same here.

4. Dec 21, 2009 at 8:14 PM
    Drock42

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport 4x4
    Toytec Coilovers, LR UCAs, OME Dakar leafpacks w/5100s, 18" 951s, 285/60 TGs (6ply), Grillcraft MX upper & lower, Wet Okole seat covers, Rec-rac bike racks
    That's what I've been hearing about Topeak, good shit. But that still seems like a recipe for disaster with my clumsy ass. Ordered the Dero rack. I'll let you guys know what's what when it comes in and I get the bikes on it. Thanks again for all the input!

5. Dec 31, 2009 at 12:31 PM
    Drock42

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport 4x4
    The rack came in yesterday. Only problem is that it wasn't a brand new rack like I had ordered. It showed significant wear and tear and was clearly repackaged. After an email to Dero they refunded 50% without any fuss. Of course I took pictures and sent them a well documented email. :)
    It's a great bike rack (especially now that it only cost $30) and they have good customer service. So I'm happy with how it all turned out. Now all I need to do is get a long enough screw to support the top and it's good to go. In the meantime, it's still very sturdy without it. I opted to hang my road bike since I had a couple hooks laying around. The GT mountain bike on the bottom is the one I got my fiancee for Christmas. :D Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top