1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How hard in the DTLT and jardine catback install?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by XwXRYANXwX, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Jan 27, 2010 at 4:24 PM
    XwXRYANXwX

XwXRYANXwX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab TRD Sport w/ TRD Supercharger
    So I have all these brand new parts sitting at my house... and this is the week to install.

-Doug Thorley long tubes
    -Jardine Cat back
    - TRD CAI
    - O2 Sim
    -Grillcraft

Exactally how hard will the headers and catback be? I know it's all bolt up. I have minor technical vehicle skills. I can change my oil.... But any input or tips to make this as headache free as it can be? The grill craft and CAI will be easy I've done those before

2. Jan 27, 2010 at 6:39 PM
    TBAGRR

TBAGRR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Md
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 sport
    Trd intake Doug Thorley long tubes URD short shifter Eibach front springs Tsb rear leafs
    exhaust will be very easy! I installed my headers on a lift and it took me a hour and a half taking my time. I didnt do a O2 simulator but it looks pretty easy! The intake took me 20 mins

3. Jan 27, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    nuckinfuts

nuckinfuts NyQuil on the rocks.

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC TRD Off-Road
    DT Long Tube Headers, Empire O2 simulator, catback, Shrockworks Sliders, Old Man Emu 3" lift with 885 coils (with 1/2" top plate spacer and Dakar Leaf packs), Hi-lift mounted in bed with 4XRAC mounts, WT floor liners, other stuffs
    Yeah it's not too bad, I recommend you hit the 02 sensors with some PB Blaster a few times the day before you go to take them out. There's a couple tricky maneuvers and some finagling but overall a couple hours should be enough time. Oh, and some anti-seize on the o2 sensors when you put them back in, careful with those threads! For the catback, hit the rubber hanger thingies with some WD-40 or something to lubricate them, it'll make life a hell of a lot easier.

A fresh 6 pack will help things along too :)

To Top