1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How I installed rear Weathertech Mats in Access Cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ChaseUA, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Apr 3, 2010 at 2:15 PM
    ChaseUA

ChaseUA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    Present: 2016 White TRD Sport DC Past: 2010 MGM TRD Sport AC 4x4
    I'm sure the some of you saw my post yesterday where I was trying to figure out why the rear mats did not fit in my access cab. It seems when Toyota updated the rear of the AC's with a center console Weathertech missed the announcement.

At either result, it didn't take long at all to get a fix for it.

In this thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...010-access-cab-question-weathertech-mats.html

You can see two fixes, one is cutting the floor liner to accommodate the console, the other is to install the console over the mat - you can do this by removing the console and laying the mat and then reinserting the console and adding the bolts back in place. You can add two of the original bolts and it should be sufficient, however I am a little OCD and resolved to be able to use all 4 of the original bolts.

This will show you how to do the job like Slygrin did (I had no idea he had already shown pictures of the end result prior to doing this).

First things first is you remove the console. To do this you will open the lid and remove the four 10mm bolts:
    [​IMG]
    The console will lift out now, but make sure you have the access cab seats lifted and the hidden storage bins unlocked as the edge of the console could be resting underneath the lids of the bins.

Now notice the mounting plate underneath the console:

The red dots indicate where the screws lineup, the blue is where a tab from the bottom of the console inserts at.

[​IMG]

Now you are ready to lay install the mat in smoothly and without interference of the console.
    [​IMG]
    When you have installed, sit the console back where it goes. If you choose the quick way, just re-insert the top two bolts and you are done.

If you wish to cut/trim mat to fit, I would recommend tracing where the console is sitting with a pencil or washable marker and then remove the mat and cut to fit.

I chose to keep the mat in-tact but wanted all four bolts in place so what I did was make a mark indicating where the two bottom bolts were to be inserted. This should be done with a pen/marker but be careful not to mark the inside of the console.

[​IMG]

Now remove the console again and you will notice that in addition to the two markings you have there will be an imprint in the middle where the tab was sitting (remember the blue marking in the photo above?).

This shows you the three spots where a hole is needed.

[​IMG]

I just started with a small hole and kept making it bigger until I was confident that the bolts would be able to pass through without interference (as well as the tab). Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the final holes but you can see the early stages of them here:

[​IMG]

After this is done, all you have to do is re-insert the mat, put the console in place and re-secure the four bolts.

Finished product:

[​IMG]

2. Apr 3, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    GT150

GT150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Blairsville Ga
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner V-6
    Looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

3. Apr 3, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Look great! Nice job all the way around! :thumbsup:

4. Apr 3, 2010 at 2:41 PM
    YellowDog01

YellowDog01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 4x4
    Dang, that looks awesome! If you wanted to spray them off, is it possible to take them out or is that pretty much set in there?

5. Apr 3, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    ChaseUA

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    You would have to remove the console to do so, wouldn't take more than 2 minutes to get it out if need be.

I'll be surprised if I ever need to remove it though. I doubt anyone ever rides in the back and it will just be a place for me to sit things down on. I could probably wipe anything out of it that I will likely get down there.

If you are someone that plans on mud riding etc. and know that you will need to remove it often, I would probably go with the cutting method that is in the link as shown from another TW'er.

6. Apr 3, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    YellowDog01

YellowDog01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 4x4
    I have a 01 Double Cab and they don't make the older double cab rear mats so I bought these and they work fine. Nice idea I like it!

7. Apr 4, 2010 at 7:19 PM
    ChaseUA

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:

Good luck! I haven't seen how the fit in the double cabs so I'm sure someone else will chime in that has got them to fit there!

8. Apr 7, 2011 at 5:08 PM
    anethema

anethema Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    Older post I know, but any chance of updating to non broken picture links? Looks like a great writeup I wanted to take a look at.

Thanks a bunch!

Products Discussed in

To Top