1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How is North Peoria?

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by trailbound, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Mar 6, 2022 at 3:28 PM
    trailbound

trailbound [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Surprise, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    We are looking for any input good or bad on the North Peoria area, possibly Surprise. Our daughter is looking at colleges in Phoenix, one in Surprise, and our son is starting high school in the fall. He has an IEP due to his ADHD and we're scoping out public schools for him. We've looked at all of the other areas around Phoenix but my wife wants to be close to Lake Pleasant and likes Peoria the most. We both will be working from home so commuting is no issue.

I read the entire "moving to AZ" thread but couldn't find any current info on Peoria beyond the page that @AriZonaD54 graciously put together in 2010. Our hope is to land in a safe neighborhood with like minded folks, 2A friendly is a plus, and minimal CA libtards like we found all over south Reno. I know that's a tall feat with CA folks bailing to AZ in herds but one can wish. We will be renting a home and have some feelers out with a couple of realtors that we recently contacted. Any help is appreciated thanks.

2. Mar 6, 2022 at 5:07 PM
    cookiedough

cookiedough Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phx, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    02 DCSB OR, 19 DCSB OR
    No mods - just all the adventure gear in the back
    I haven't lived in any other area of the valley, but have been very pleased living in the Happy Valley/Lk Pleasant Parkway area. Homeschooled both kids, youngest ended up at Liberty HS her Junior year to try something different. We met all of my daughters teachers at Liberty, and even though we didn't agree with some of them, they were all top notch. We're close to Lk Pleasant, and am able to get there before sunrise in the summer for some decent SUP and Kayaking before the hordes show up, there are several fantastic city parks for hiking, et al. I'm close to Ben Avery, just a quick drive, and within 1/2 hour is a Shooter's World and C2 Tactical, which my daughter super likes. One went to GCU and one at ASU. Happy with both.

trailbound[OP] likes this.
  3. Mar 6, 2022 at 5:44 PM
    GilaTrails

GilaTrails Well-Known Member

Member:
    Champaign IL / Safford AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Matching Colored Tire Valve Caps
    If you want 2A friendly community, come to Safford AZ. I see women packing at the local coffee shop.

Want your daughter at ASU? She can do the first two years right here at EAC campus. And we have phone lines !! So you and your wife can work and play and live without the hordes of Phoenix valley.

Thinking out of the box for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2022
  4. Mar 6, 2022 at 8:02 PM
    cspcrx

cspcrx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD Sport 4x4 Cement
    live in the same area. Mrs and I both grew up on the east side of town (Tempe and Mesa) and went to ASU. Then moved to west Phoenix and in 2007 to the same area (Happy Valley and Lake Pleasant parkway in Peoria). The area is great, I have lived in the Phoenix metro area since 1985. It’s a growing area and, while we don’t have children, we have nieces and lots of friends who have children that go to the local schools and speak highly of them.

good luck, home prices are crazy up here. Hell they are crazy everywhere right now.

5. Mar 8, 2022 at 8:29 PM
    DrSouthpaw

DrSouthpaw Dog limo

Member:
    First Name:
    Spur
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM TRD OR 4x4 DCSB
    I live in the Northwest valley and travel around the metro for work. Both Surprise and North Peoria are full of communities that fit your requirements, it just depends on all the amenities you're looking for. I can DM you info on a trusted realtor that bases out of North Peoria if you'd like. Peoria Unified School District is a good public school district in the state. USNews ranks BASIS Peoria as one of the best charter schools in the state (BASIS Peoria in Peoria, AZ - US News Best High Schools).

6. Mar 9, 2022 at 11:56 AM
    trailbound

trailbound [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Surprise, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    Thank you all very much for your responses. This information has been very helpful in making our decision to relocate there.

7. Mar 11, 2022 at 8:43 AM
    azreb

azreb Geezer

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    '20 SR5 crew cab; gray
    camper shell, front camera, floor mats, cheap bed mat, dash camera, catalytic converter cover, fumoto
    I moved out of the Phoenix area over 20 years ago. From the news reports I notice that the violent crime rate has steadily moved north. If you are considering moving to the area, the farther north you are, the better off you will be in the future.

NinGee87 and trailbound[OP] like this.
  8. Mar 22, 2022 at 8:01 AM
    TheDudeinPhx

TheDudeinPhx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dude
    Goodyear, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2022 Electric Lime Manual (March 2022)
    I live in Goodyear just southeast . Moved here in 1996 when nothing was out here. Those areas you are looking at are nice but as someone mentioned prices are insane. Prepare to offer about 20k over asking. I paid $166k for my house here in 96. It was the most expensive on the block with all my upgrades and a pool. The appraisers were worried it wouldn't appraise. Toll brothers is building a nice development called sterling grove, off the 303 and cactus. I get there emails weekly and am amazed at the prices $969k for 1900 sqft in the middle of nowhere. 1.3 million for 2400 sqft. Lots a half the size of those built in the 90's its more like townhome living. It's amazing to see the growth. These are now north Scottsdale carefree prices. I moved from Hawaii in 2012 after moving there in 2003. (moved back to goodyear when we came back) It is now just as expensive to live here as it is in Hawaii if you are buying a home (taxes are a 1/3 of AZ, no AC or heat needed) add that in and it's the same but you never have to pay for vacation again :).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022

Products Discussed in

To Top