1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How long do you let the wax sit?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by CyberTron, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Aug 16, 2009 at 3:00 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    Good point. Taping also allows you to keep wax that can dry out of little cracks. Headlights, tailights, door jambs, clear plastic protectors on bottom of truck. Dried wax is a bitch even if it doesn't stain.

I have taped since god knows how long. force of habit.

2. Aug 17, 2009 at 5:21 AM
    harshest

harshest I am the Sofa King

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Light On, Hidden Garage Door Opener, Scanguage II, Weathertech Liners, Cig lighter always on, Door buzzer removed from dash- Upcoming: 5100s for front and rear, set fronts to 2.5" and Toytec AALs.
  3. Oct 21, 2009 at 9:08 PM
    Gooch

Gooch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County CA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4
    I should have the CSI wax within a week. Looks like it will be in the neighborhood of $9.95 for a 16-ounce bottle. Look for an announcement when we're ready to rock-n-roll.

I will also have a nice quick detailer that works great on paint, glass and interior for about the same price for 32 ounces.

Tire dressing is coming too and as I recommended, in a spray bottle, so those of us with 31x10.5's (or similar) with raised lettering don't have to spend 30 minutes applying tire dressing!

Stay tuned...

4. Oct 21, 2009 at 9:10 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Great to hear Gary! :)

5. Oct 21, 2009 at 9:18 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    nice trick i've found that can get the stains out of the black plastic trim is tire shine...spray some of the non-foaming shine that comes in a can ($4) onto a rag, and rub the stain. brings the stain right out, and give the plastic a good dark look. it's perfect for the plastic around the base of the antenna and the plastic an the rear view mirrors, which almost always get wax on them.

6. Oct 21, 2009 at 9:33 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    Never use turtle Wax. Only wax I like is Zymol

7. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    copernicus

copernicus Well-Known Member

Member:
    I just used NXT 2.0 and it didn't stain the plastic trim. I just wiped it off no problems. The textured areas of the bed were a little tougher to wipe off, but that's because of the valleys.

and I missing something or am I not leaving the wax on long enough? I cover one side of the truck, by the time I finished applying the last bit, the first bit was dry maybe 5-10 mins.

8. Nov 1, 2009 at 7:04 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Time to dump that crap and join the 21st century.
    I'm in California so the weather is not so bad, I have only used spray detailer on my truck, I have yet to wax it. I use Turtle Wax Ice detail spray. Use it every weekend, takes about ten to fifteen minutes to do the whole truck. I have used Mothers and Meguiar's waxes in the past and like both. I picked up the Turtle Wax Ice wax but have yet to try it.

9. Nov 2, 2009 at 8:56 PM
    Gooch

Gooch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County CA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4
    We now have some of the CSI line available. Free shipping anywhere in the USA for now. Look for a product launch notice later this week.

https://polishandwax.com/shop/brands/CSI.html

More products are coming, like better microfiber cloths and waffle weave drying towels, etc.

Products Discussed in

To Top