1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How many accessories can i attach to battery?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by xwillx93, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Nov 24, 2011 at 6:34 AM
    xwillx93

xwillx93 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    MBRP "Cool Duals" dual side swept exhaust, Volant Intake, Blacked Out Tail lights, Touchscreen Kenwood DDx616 with a 10" Kicker CVR in a custom Box, 2 Kicker Comp 6" Speakers, Removed front and rear mud flaps, Weathertech Floormats, Kobalt Slim Toolbox, Chevrolet Air compressor
    Right now, i have reverse aux lights, another relay/switch for future hellas, and a 1000 watt pioneer amp BRIDGED to another 250 watt amp. How much can we hook up to our stock batteries before buying another one should be a consideration? I'm looking into putting a Cobra CB radio in... its a 2009 2.7l 4 banger, not sure if any of our batteries are different :p

2. Nov 24, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    The issue isn't the battery, it's the alternators capacity to recharge the battery. One extra set of lights and a CB isn't going to be a problem. The stereo might be when it's combined with the lights. CB really does not draw anything significant.

You could take the truck to a shop and ask them to measure the maximum output of the alternator and the max that everything on the truck pulls when it's all turned on. Or you could be less scientific and go ask this question in the audio forum. The biggest question I have is the amplifiers. Someone has done it before, just need them to see your question.

3. Nov 24, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    cummins6speed

cummins6speed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Limited Edition
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    Im not sure but the factory alternator is only around 60A. You may want to consider upgrading that

To Top