1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How much are these worth?

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Hoss211, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Nov 27, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    Hoss211

Hoss211 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    GA
    Vehicle:
    07 4 door 4X4 3" toytec lift
    Painted my stock wheels black and got a new set now. now I would like to sell these. They look good from far but are far from good. Def. didnt turn out as nice as I would have liked them to. If I had to do it over again I wouldnt have used the wheel paint I used. Probably would have used what I used on my rear bumper. So tell me what you think they're worth......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nov 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    They are worth what you can sell them for.

If they're still in good working order and just don't look too good, I say they'd make excellent wheels for spares at $30 or so a pop.

3. Nov 27, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    ::childstoy::

::childstoy:: Hi-Tech Rednek

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southeast, PA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2010 TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, Tint, Stubby Ant., Debadged, Weathertech Mats, Grillcraft... Currently collecting donations for a New Tires Fund.
    Agreed... If you didnt live so far I'd take em off your hands and re-do them or Powdercoat them.

4. Nov 27, 2010 at 2:35 PM
    hopkins

hopkins Member

Member:
    NS Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DC LB
    Jack Rabbit Tonneau Cover 18" BFG A/T on KMC Addicts XD Series TRD Cat Back Grillcraft upper with TRD Emblem
    im not sure on the value of 16" alloys but 17" alloys on the 05 models are about 500 cdn each new. Obviously they are not new but im sure they are worth more than $30each as was previously mentioned.

5. Nov 27, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Not with the fucked up paintjob they're not. They're basically only good as spares now, and you can find a spare steelie at a junkyard for $25 or so, new for not much more.

Not trying to crap your thread, just trying to answer your question honestly.

If you had them resurfaced and powdercoated, you could probably get $100 - $125 each.

6. Nov 28, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    Hoss211

Hoss211 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    GA
    Vehicle:
    I def. dont want to mess with re-doing them or having them powder coated. That would for sure be too much wasted time for too little money. I just want them out of my garage. I decided to throw them on craigslist in my local area at $1 Milllion dollars a piece to see if I could get any takers. hoping to be a "four-millionaire" by the end of the week. We'll see.

7. Nov 28, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
  8. Nov 28, 2010 at 7:12 AM
    mortuusangelus

mortuusangelus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Slate Hill, NY
    Vehicle:
    no truck now :(
    Huh, I've got 3 of the 1st gen 16" alloys.. if that works, I'll try to be a three-millionaire.. :D

9. Nov 28, 2010 at 7:51 AM
    Hoss211

Hoss211 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    GA
    Vehicle:
    ^^ that will only work if they have a great paint job like mine. Here's my advice. Buy the cheapest paint you can find. dont clean the wheels at all. Sanding is for pussies...What do you want them to look good or sumthin? Paint as unevenly as you can. I'm pretty sure I used a blindfold on mine and they turned out great!! then you got yourself a set of million dollar wheels.

10. Nov 28, 2010 at 7:53 AM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    I sold my OEM Off Rd wheels for $300 picked up...

11. Nov 28, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    They are still structurally sound. The paint can easilly be removed and re applied by someone. They should be worth much more than 30 bucks each....

12. Nov 28, 2010 at 7:59 AM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

that or don't forget to overspray so you can get the dripping paint effect. or just get a fat ass permanent marker :rolleyes:

13. Nov 28, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Our trucks come with wheels. Perhaps you noticed. The only reason to buy someone else's are:

- Specs to allow for better wheel positioning with a different size tire. OEM TRD OR tires have horrible specs for this. Way too much backspacing, way too much positive offset.

- Aesthetics. To make things look better. While black wheels have appeal to some, the paint on these wrecks that option. Again, remove the paint problem and value rises considerably.

- Structure. Yes, they are structurally sound, but again, you can get OEM spare steelies/SR5 steelies for $25ish from most junkyards/self-serve yards. If you're pricing as a spare, which is all these have left, they set the minimum.

You pay more than $30 per if you want. Not my money.

If the OP redoes the paint to something quality, again, I can easily see him getting $100 a wheel.

14. Nov 28, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    No need to be a dick. I was speaking, for example, if someone had steel wheels on their truck, and wanted aluminum. For that matter, wanted a different color, possible black, they would be fine.

15. Nov 28, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    Hoss211

Hoss211 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    GA
    Vehicle:
    I'm glad you like them Jandrews!

16. Nov 28, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    Hoss211

Hoss211 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    GA
    Vehicle:
    I dont want to waste more time on them than what I have already. I just want to dump em and let it be someone elses problem....Lazy?....yes.

17. Nov 28, 2010 at 8:16 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    I'm not being a dick, I'm straight talkin'. Sorry to be honest.

Again dude, not tryin' to crap your thread. Just answering the question.

Depends on whether or not the issue with the paint has to do with surface prep. But even then, OP could re-sand, re-paint and probably have much better results. If it was me, that's the route I'd go.

18. Nov 28, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Really? This sint a Dick head comment??? <---rhetorical question.

19. Nov 28, 2010 at 8:24 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Non-rhetorical answer:

Helping to illustrate why my points are valid. If I already have perfectly functional, sound wheels on my truck, why am I laying out high dollar for a set of used alloys with an (OP admitted) botched paint job that don't help my tire positioning at all?

Explain to me where the value is in that scenario?

No offense, and again not trying to be a dick, but as my secretary says at work (to me, among others): "If you act stupid, I'm going to treat you stupid."

x2.

20. Nov 28, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    lol, starting to see this alot. Glad most of us can just laugh it off.
    To the OP, I'd go with your million dollar add and hope for the best, it seems to me you know what you want to do with them so best of luck getting them gone. The highest bidder wins. If I were close to you I would take them off your hands. The looks paint job doesn't bother me much because if the price is right say $200 or so for the set I could easily repaint them if the issue is that simple. Not all scuffed up and scared.
    These would make a good set for me to wheel with.

Products Discussed in

To Top