1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How much did your AAL settle?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by LaTechLogan, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Feb 14, 2011 at 8:00 AM
    LaTechLogan

LaTechLogan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner Sport
    - K&N intake - Pioneer headunit - 2 Kicker 10" subwoofers & amp - Nokya Hyper Yellow foglights - 18" Magnaflow muffler - Bilstein 5100 shocks set to 0" - Eibach coil springs - 1.5" blocks in back
    I'm looking to purchase and AAL for my truck, '08 TRD Sport, in part for the look and in part because I ran out of warranty before I could get the TSB done. I can't decide between a 1.5" AAL or a 2" AAL. I want to add 5100's on the front and I would like to set them at 2.5" but I don't want the AAL to settle too much and leave me nose high. I currently have about 2" of rake and I'ld like to be level with the 5100's and AAL but I'ld rather a little forward rake than to end up nose high.

All of that being said when I searched for AAL's and settling there wasn't much information so I thought it might make for a good thread if everyone would post..

1. The AAL they installed
    2. How much lift was expected
    3. How much lift they actually got
    4. How much it settled

This way everyone could get an idea of what to expect when purchasing an AAL.

2. Feb 15, 2011 at 6:41 AM
    magog45

magog45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada, just south of Santa
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma 4x4 extended cab
    5100's all around, 2 inch lift, polyurethane body mounts, gibson exhaust, variation of the deckplate mod, intake resonators removed
    I put 5100's all around and had the rear springs redone but only after the height at the front was established. Rather than install an aftermarket AAL I had a local spring shop do the work so they could evaluate the springs and replace and rearc as necessary. When all done there was a noticable rake to the truck but now seems to have settled to a mild rake and barely noticeable with the topper on. The front 5100's were set in the middle position so about 1.75 inches lift in the front and 2.5 in the back.

3. Feb 15, 2011 at 6:54 AM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    I have the 5100's in the front set at 1.25 and the rear 2inch Toytec AAL. I have never measured but I would guess that it settled about .50-75 inches or so. Before the aal, my rear leaf pack was shot, so I'm guessing the fact that I tow a lot has something to do with it settling so much. I probably should have set the front at .80 instead of 1.25 b/c when I tow it rides high in the front. The rear AAL does seem to be getting weaker as I put more millage on it, but then again I also could need to replace my rear shocks as they are from the factory. This is my most recent picture
    [​IMG]

4. Feb 15, 2011 at 7:30 AM
    Range 44

Range 44 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ TTE
    You also have a camper top sitting on it.

5. Feb 15, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    Correct, I do. I just added it last week. AAL still feels as if it is getting weaker even before the AAL.

To Top