1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How much should I sell my Tonneau cover for?

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by mbarr, May 11, 2009.

1. mbarr

mbarr [OP] mgb2

Member:
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    06' PreRunner X-SP
    3" Pro-Comp lift. 33x12.50x20 Toyo M/T tires. 20x9 Driv Growler (-12) wheels. T-Rex billet grills. 8" shorty radio antenna. K&N Cold Air intake. Husky Liner floor mats and Crabon Fiber dash. TRD Exhaust, Skid Plate, & Shifter.
    Anyone know the going rate on a used Tonneau cover?* I have a Penda Tonneau cover in fiberglass that is color matched in white on my 06' Tacoma short bed.* It was already on the truck when I bought it, I like it but I just got a dirt bike and need to take it off.* New, they seem like they go for around $700 to $900 before paint;* I was thinking $400 to $600.* Too much, too little?

Tacoma 7.jpg
    Tacoma 5.jpg

2. 06WHITETRD

06WHITETRD Gotta Love my Taco!!!!

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma OFF-ROAD
    Tinted windows, window visors, XDI True Flow intake, White Devil Emblem, sport white grill, stubbie 6' antenna, TRD license plate frame,TRD Exhaust, weathertech floor front & rear, LED map/dome & license plate lights,Black Grille,T-Rex eyebrows,black Skid Plate,Lower bumper cover,Black emblems,white TRD Emblem,lamin-x yellow,Slotted & Cross Drilled rotors,Redline shocks(hood),HID 6k,more to come
    $400 is a good deal i believe.

3. jholland52

jholland52 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bothell WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Trimmed mud flaps, blue headlights and fog lights, flowmaster muffler, K&N drop in filter.... plenty more to come!
    Free! TO ME! lol i wish i had the cash for one i really like them....

4. southern_x

southern_x FJ FTW!

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 4runner limited
    all stock :(
    not to thread jack but i was contemplating the same thing here i have a sungtop but was wondering what i could get for mine ?

5. Brunes

Brunes abides. Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    Whatever someone will pay??

It's a used part- Kinda hard to value it. If you are a pro-detailer or body guy it might be in new/better than new shape. If you are a working guy-It might not be worth anything.

Throw it out there with a price and an OBO and see what happens??

6. MUDFISH

MUDFISH Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse
    Vehicle:
    12 Double Cab SR5
    when I was looking for a hard tonneau, I was looking at the $00-$500 price range... but it's hard because you will need to find a local buyer in the same color to get that price... not many people will be willing to add another couple hundred at least for shipping and paint...

7. Toy Maker 1

Toy Maker 1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Crew Cab
To Top