1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How much travel from an allpro 3" pack?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by rzimm001, Nov 5, 2010.

1. rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Mid-travel
    King 2.5 coilovers w/ resi and adjustable compression. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Light Racing UCA's. Glassworks fenders. DMZ bed cage. King 2.5x14 smoothbody remote resi shocks in the rear. Icon progressive add a leaf 1.5" lift. Race radio (2meter). Removed swaybar. Removed front mud flaps. Removed secondary carbon air filter. Magnaflow exhaust. Phram fresh air cabin filter. Sirius satellite radio. HID headlights high/low beam and fog lights. Remote start system. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo with 10" subwoofer, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, TRD seat covers.
    Tossing around getting the allpro 3" leaf pack. Can't seem to find anyone whose measured the droop/travel this pack can give when there is no shock limitation. Can someone with this leaf pack tell me how droop they've gotten. Distance between the bump stop and frame with the rear tires off the ground and shock unlbolted? Unless of course you have more shock than travel.

2. rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    King 2.5 coilovers w/ resi and adjustable compression. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Light Racing UCA's. Glassworks fenders. DMZ bed cage. King 2.5x14 smoothbody remote resi shocks in the rear. Icon progressive add a leaf 1.5" lift. Race radio (2meter). Removed swaybar. Removed front mud flaps. Removed secondary carbon air filter. Magnaflow exhaust. Phram fresh air cabin filter. Sirius satellite radio. HID headlights high/low beam and fog lights. Remote start system. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo with 10" subwoofer, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, TRD seat covers.
    Bump... ??

3. chilidogrc

chilidogrc Skewpage

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodrigo
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    05 AC Sport 4x4
    King RR Coilovers, FM 40, Allpro rear bumper, OME Dakar leafs, rear 5100's, Snugtop Rebel shell, Treadwright tires, Allpro apex front plate bumper, triple hella 700's, Blacked out headlights, CF hood, weathertech floor mats
    Your best bet will probably be to hit up allpro directly.

4. rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    Right! You would think that would be the thing to do. Already called them and their answer was "I don't know". So here I am..:(

5. chilidogrc

chilidogrc Skewpage

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodrigo
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    05 AC Sport 4x4
    King RR Coilovers, FM 40, Allpro rear bumper, OME Dakar leafs, rear 5100's, Snugtop Rebel shell, Treadwright tires, Allpro apex front plate bumper, triple hella 700's, Blacked out headlights, CF hood, weathertech floor mats
  6. Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    Dakars are really stiff from what i here. not the best for flexing. the regular 3" AP leafs are for good flex Iamrazian or whatever his SN is has them and they are really flexy with extended length shocks

7. rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:

I'd love to know what the pack is capable of. I have an icon 1.5" add a leaf and it works really well. It droops out to about 9-10". I'm wondering how much more I could get with an allpro pack. I would imagine some extra droop travel and another 1.5" of bump travel would make for some sweet desert wheeling.

8. rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    Anybody have a fresh answer to my question. I'm still tossing around the allpro 3" leaf pack. Just need to know the travel capability.

9. JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Bay Area NorCal
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    There was a guy installing them today let me check I post a link to the thread.

10. JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Bay Area NorCal
    Vehicle:
  11. rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    I would love to know the link. I've done a fair bit of searching with no success. Just a lot of speculation.

12. JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Bay Area NorCal
    Vehicle:

X2 I would like to see it as well AllPro told me the expos have the same amount of flex with just a higher spring rate to hold more in the bed.

13. rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
  14. jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I'm running them. But I have never measured.

15. jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I want to see the video your talking about. Does that shackle add lift?

16. jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Sweet. Thanks. This is great because I was thinking of going higher in the front and leveling out the rear.

17. jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    K. Thanks.

18. 08pretaco

08pretaco Almost there

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    AFE pro dry s, Husky X-act Contour
    Hey OP since we all know your style of driving and no ones mentioned this since the shackles flip idea....iirc for prerunning it is not recommended to do shackles Idk why but I think allpro or someone might have mentioned that to me

19. rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    If I understand you right, I've heard the same thing.
    I've heard the allpro leaf pack is slightly longer than stock. For that reason, some have said that when the shackle is flipped, it will move all the way backwards and buckle. Due to how small the stock shackle is I won't flip it most likely. Good looking out pretaco!

20. jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Who is that in the video? That is such a simple obstacle. Doesn't need spotting IMO. But if he is a beginner I understand.

To Top