1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How strong are bull bars

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Foster9091, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Oct 15, 2009 at 7:27 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    haha i know

i just like touting my new plate :D

2. Oct 15, 2009 at 7:42 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    if you look at the second page i think of my thread about me hitting a deer, you will see a picture of a guys truck when he hit a deer at 35 mph with no bullbar, he got alota damage
    My bullbar took the full blow of the damn deer, it pushed the deer down and away from my truck, i mean its not like the bullbar is welded to my truck, its gonna move, the same would happen to a brushguard if im correct

3. Oct 15, 2009 at 7:47 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    a brushguard would also get pushed back into the truck

however the other link that KC posted shows that an ARB bullbar took on a deer head on at 55-60mph...almost double what you were doing...and got zero damage

that added strength for someone thats TRYING to prevent damage would be well worth the extra $300 bucks i think

4. Oct 15, 2009 at 7:56 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    He got no damage cause he has a heavy duty bumper, he didnt buy the thing so he could find deer and mow them down. i just gonna say it, i think those bumpers are just ugly and worthless if your not gonna off road with it. im not gonna drop a shit load of cash for an offroad bumper when i dont offroad, only reason why someone would need them for everyday use is if they suck ass on parking and hit cars alot. sure those bumpers might be impervious to deers but hitting a car head on or a tree will result in damage, so those things aint indestructable

Products Discussed in

To Top