1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how the heck did they get this kind of mpg's?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacomaPrime, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Dec 20, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    mbmchugh5

mbmchugh5 My wife is scheduleing an intervention as we speak

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Double cab 4x4
    Rough Country 6" Db lift with toytec coilovers and all pro Expo leafs,color matched grille, t-rex eyelids on spyder dual projector halos, black tailights, 4xInnovations sliders,pro comp rear plate bumper, ATO front plate bumper, grillecraft grille mesh w/Hella black magics behind it, colormatched emblems, sockmonkey trd O/R bedside decals and 3rdBrake cover, Aeroturbine 2525 muffler
    if the damn truck didn't sound so good under hard acceleration I'd get way better MPG

2. Dec 20, 2011 at 6:22 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    I have seen 20-21 at 80MPH with me and about 500lbs in the bed. Mine is a 6speed and I don't generally try for high MPG. 6 speed supposedly cuts about 1 MPG. I could see if you were really trying for it and had the auto trans that you might be able to touch that kind of MPG.

They don't say what speeds they were driving either. Under 65 makes a big difference on most vehicles.

Products Discussed in

To Top