1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to Become a Navy Officer After Enlistment

Discussion in 'Military' started by opipop29, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Jun 13, 2018 at 10:03 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    3yrs consecutive. It's 36 months of benefits, however, it takes into account for the winter and summer break (unless you attend). Wife used hers and managed to complete her BA and MBA in accounting (most of it, we paid about $4k for her masters). It even paid for her CPA tests :eek: She only took a couple general education classes before she got out.

Drainbung and 05Taco4x4[QUOTED] like this.
  2. Jun 14, 2018 at 6:28 AM
    opipop29

opipop29 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alexander
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver Tacoma SR Double Cab L4
    None at the moment
    Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you outlining the timeline of the GI Bill but I'm leaning more on doing at least 10 years to transfer whatever I can to any kids I might have in the future. University was never my thing, I wanted to go to UCF when I was in high school but I'd only estimate enough time for one or two classes a semester when I'm in and wouldn't want too much to get in the way what with family, Navy, school and personal life (in that order)

05Taco4x4[QUOTED] and Drainbung like this.
  3. Jun 14, 2018 at 11:34 AM
    05Taco4x4

05Taco4x4 ToyotaHubs

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2TR-FE Enthusiast
    FJ Tcase, Manual Hubs, 2017 Head unit, Mirror Riser
    Honestly, it was more a statement for posterity and an answer to the thread title, not just your circumstances. Also understand that the transfer is a retention tool, not something a service member is entitled to. I believe you would have to reenlist for at least 4 additional years after that point to secure the transfer; there are plenty of cases that senior enlisted didn't know this and waited until 2 years or so before they retired to start the paperwork and find out they aren't eligible because of higher tenure and don't have the 4 years needed.

Products Discussed in

To Top