1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to buy the right size rim the FIRST TIME

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by DunkinTbags, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Mar 12, 2010 at 2:12 PM
    DunkinTbags

DunkinTbags [OP] Member

Member:
    Hello everyone, I am hoping that I can get some good advice and hopefully some pictures to help my dilemma, I am looking to buy a set of wheels and tires for my wifes 2010 Tacoma double cab 4X4, she wants a set of black 17" with 265/70/17's or 18" wheels with 265/65/18's, I have asked a few members what their wheel specs were because I liked the pics that they had posted, what is frustrating is, I get a different offset and different back spacing from every member that I ask...?

The truck is not and will not be lifted at all, and I want the wheels to have a nice wide stance to it and to fill the wheel wells a little bit without rubbing. Please help me out, maybe post your trucks pics and give me backspacing and offset?

My wife and i appreciate any and all info that you can provide.

THANKS IN ADVANCE, Mr. and Mrs. Dunkin T. Bags.:D

2. Mar 13, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    blazze2005

blazze2005 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Pre-Runner Sport
    Fuel Off-Road Octane Wheels,Yokohama Geolander ATS 265/65/17.Grillcraft,Borla Exhaust,Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover,Pop n Lock Tailgate Security,Custom Wet Okle TRD Seat Covers,Catch-All Matts,Gatorback Belt,Shorty Antenna,Toyota Bed Matt,Sirius Radio,Vent Sades,20% Lumar Window Tint
    First things first...You need to find out the specs on your factory wheels

Then you can use this nifty little wheel offset calculator to figure out what wheels will fit. Also www.tirerack.com makes it really simple to select a wheel for your truck

3. Mar 21, 2010 at 6:39 PM
    accrete

accrete The WET! Coast of Oregon USA

Member:
    Vehicle:
    V6 TRD Sport 4x4
    A.R.E. walk-in canopy, 245/75r17 Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2, pulling an Aliner EASE off-road-capable-trailer into the Pacific Northwest Wilderness
    Here is a picture of what i did for my wife's 07 TACO TRD with the 17" rims. I too wanted something to "fill the wells" and these were a perfect fit with the stock 4x4 sport. One thing i also wanted from my radical off road days while i lived in Nevada...Tall Narrow tires. And the 245 75r 17 are excellent for off road, snow, and the wet roads we have on the oregon coast. (Bridgeston Dueler Revo 2)

My wife absolutely LOVES this set up on her daily driver!
    This month we are black-powder-coating the stock 17" rims at our local tire center.

[​IMG]

Happy Trails,
    Thom

Products Discussed in

To Top