1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to change a/c controls color?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by willtotheumm, May 26, 2010.

1. May 26, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    willtotheumm

willtotheumm [OP] Yo Taco!

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 Lunar Mist DC TRD Offroad PreRunner V6
    K&N intake. That is all. For now...
    I found a few write-ups on how to change the cluster colors which is cake. Also found one on how to change the a/c controls.... for an older Tacoma.

I noticed that on my 03 the orange color is actually, printed, onto the plate. Does this mean i'm SOL when it comes to changing the color? I can't find anymore info.

And what about the clock?

2. May 26, 2010 at 11:15 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    Not sure about the clock, but yep, you're pretty much SOL concerning the climate control cluster color. About the only thing you can do is try to remove the orange, but as many have tried in the past, seems rather futile with out removing some of the black on the face as well. ( http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118109 )

The other option is covered in the thread above with a replacement. The platinum or white AC panel from Nu Image (can be bought from http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/Toyota/Tacoma/Interior~Accessories/AC~Panels/page_1.htm ) Now you're just changing from orange to blue though, not white (or the color you really want)

Of course if you have the means, you could always try to some type of transparency, but I dont know much about that.

To Top