1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HOW TO: Changing Tail Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TheTacoManChach, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Dec 26, 2021 at 10:09 PM
    Charlie Bravo

Charlie Bravo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2009 Red Tacoma Access Cab 4wd 2.7MT
    RedLine Tuning hood QuickLIFT, Gen3 alloy 16x7J, All Pro Off-road bed stiffeners & IFS skid plate
    Thanks for this thread. Since AMD, The Car Care Nut channel of a Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician recently posted a video reveal of his new Toyota, in which he replaced some of the interior bulbs with LEDs from VLEDs.com located in Bellingham, WA, I looked up replacement bulbs for my Tacoma, and ordered a pair of back-up light bulbs (850 Lumens, 5000K), more expensive than the eBay/TacomaBeast kit, but no doubt more robust and brighter. At 49 North, these will help my vision, not to mention that of those approaching.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Dec 26, 2021 at 10:18 PM
    Charlie Bravo

Charlie Bravo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2009 Red Tacoma Access Cab 4wd 2.7MT
    RedLine Tuning hood QuickLIFT, Gen3 alloy 16x7J, All Pro Off-road bed stiffeners & IFS skid plate
    Give VLEDs a call in Bellingham, WA 1-844-640-3813 and explain the problems. They have a great website at https://www.vleds.com/ and are highly recommended by the Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician, who produces videos, including livestream Q&A sessions. His Tacoma series is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFzfl0Q8rQXkSiT50RyVAkC_JIHXw318
    I hope this helps, as I just ordered the pair of 850 lumens 5000K back-up LED bulbs for the 2009.

Products Discussed in

To Top