1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to Duplicate the Harsh Ride fro TSB???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jmed99, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Mar 29, 2010 at 9:50 AM
    jmed99

jmed99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    09 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    I have an appointment (they are about an hour away) to get the TSB this week. :headbang: The dealership has ordered the parts and I'm ready to go. They did say however that they would need to duplicate the problem.

I just want the TSB done to give me a lift....I have never had the harsh ride symptoms. I'm sure it would ride harshly if I had something heavy in the back like others have said here on TW since I know I only have 3 leaf springs. I've had to tow appliances separately a couple times but I guess they weren't heavy enough for me to notice a harsh ride.

So what do I need to put in the bed to get it to do this? If the dealership says they can't duplicate it, what should I suggest they put in the back of it and ride over a speed bump to get them to perform the TSB?

Thanks...:D

2. Mar 29, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    450 lbs of sand? quad?

They didn't ask me to duplicate the issue. Why would they already order the parts if they weren't going to do it..

3. Mar 29, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    +1 to sand. The weight is easily verified, its cheap, and can be returned after you use it (to the dismay of the staff at Home Depot who have to restock it). :p

I think I used 18 bags, 900lbs.

4. Mar 29, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy 600 pounds of play sand in 50 lb. bags. Then return it after Toyota see's your truck sitting on the bump stops.

5. Mar 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    It's not worth it for the lift alone. I don't think anybody will notice.

Sand.

6. Mar 29, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    Actually, I wanted to get the TSB done for 'just in case' situations. It ended up bringing the back up enough to see the difference. Last week I added 884s and now it sits level.

* Note: I do have an access cab.

7. Mar 29, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    jmed99

jmed99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    09 DC PreRunner TRD OR

I agree. I think they will do it since they ordered the parts. The service guy I spoke to had to get special permission to order the parts since they are so expensive. He called me back and said ok. If they want to duplicate it like they said they would then I'll get some sand.

Thanks guys!

8. Mar 29, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    DBZ 2010

DBZ 2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kahului, Maui
    Vehicle:
    2010 Wht Dbl Cab TRD Off Road PreRunner
    Gaylord TL Series Tonneau, 3 TSB's (Trans Re-flash, Rear Leaf Springs, Intermediate Steering Shaft), 5100 Bilsteins x 4 set at 1.75, Silver TRD FJ 16 inch Wheels, Wet Okoles
    I had afriend that used a forklift to load a pallet of pipe fitting into the bed, Just make sure that the bumpstops on the leafsprings compress a little. You can use this argument with the dealer showing that the bumpstops got smashed when the truck was loaded up and going over bumps/potholes. When I got mine done, they even changed the bumpstops which wasn't part of the tsb for the 2010 model.

Products Discussed in

To Top