1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how to install electric fan need pics

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BAMFTACO, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Feb 11, 2010 at 9:06 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO [OP] Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Member:
    First Name:
    JUAN
    Malibu, CA
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Lift- king 2.5 with light racing uppers,tc coil bucket gusset, timbern bumps ,defined extended shackles with shackle brace. Armor- tire gate, custom tube bumper, kr fab rear bumper,trail gear wiy 78 in sliders Performance-intake manifold spacer, vibrant resonator as muffler, hps silicone hoses Random stuff- kenwood head unit,b&m t shifter, hood bug deflector, rear dust lights with custom bed bar and hi lift mount.
    i want to install an electric fan on my 2 gen taco and i want to know how take off the stock fan

2. Feb 15, 2010 at 9:50 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Remove two bolts on the fan shroud, pull up on shroud to release lower "nubs", unbolt (4) bolts on fan housing, remove fan and shroud together. Don't forget to remove the overflow tubing before removing the shroud. Also the 4 fan housing bolts can be a royal PITA as you need to hold the housing while trying to loosen the bolts. I found that pipe wrench on the narrow part between the fan and the bolt surface worked quite well.

If you want "real" instructions find the instructions for the Flex-a-lite Tacoma fan kit. It has the removal procedure there. Or find the on-line FSM link.

FYI, I installed the Flex-a-lite kit on my Tacoma, definitely not cheap, but plug and play. Well not quite, the appropriate wiring still needs to be tapped into.

3. Feb 15, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    BAMFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    JUAN
    Malibu, CA
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Lift- king 2.5 with light racing uppers,tc coil bucket gusset, timbern bumps ,defined extended shackles with shackle brace. Armor- tire gate, custom tube bumper, kr fab rear bumper,trail gear wiy 78 in sliders Performance-intake manifold spacer, vibrant resonator as muffler, hps silicone hoses Random stuff- kenwood head unit,b&m t shifter, hood bug deflector, rear dust lights with custom bed bar and hi lift mount.
    would it be fine if you hook it up the fan to the battery and get a switch for it

4. Feb 15, 2010 at 10:18 AM
    Hootbro

Hootbro Omnipotent

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Regualr Cab 4x4 2.7L
  5. Feb 15, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    If you want to run it totally manually then yes, but sounds dangerous to me. You miss watching the temp gauge just once and ....

6. Feb 15, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    BAMFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    JUAN
    Malibu, CA
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Alright thanks for the help

To Top