1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to install rear shocks?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Oat, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Sep 24, 2011 at 5:29 PM
    Oat

Oat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    Ok, well i bought some new billstein shocks for the rear...needless to say i'm clueless on how to install them. I have jacks + jack stands already..

[​IMG]

Any help is much appreciated, those are the model i got ^^^

2. Sep 24, 2011 at 5:34 PM
    TACOMABOSS

TACOMABOSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    96 SR5 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s, Toytec AAL, Deck plate mod, Hella 500ff's, Sportsman Camo seat covers, Total Chaos 1" diff drop, JVC stereo, Painted bumpers and grille, Custom grille insert, HID projectors, Black spray paint
    super easy. I dont think you have to jack up the back but it would help. jack up the back so that the tires are hanging and suspenion is "loose" unbolt the old shocks, you may need to keep the bushings, and make sure you put them in properly meaning right to left. When you take the old ones off make sure you know which one came from which side because one side is slightly longer than the other. then bold it right in and your good to go

3. Sep 24, 2011 at 5:36 PM
    2011TACOMAWHR

2011TACOMAWHR TACOMA 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    aaron
    lancaster SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 OR dbcb shortie
    big tires and tiny rims
    You will want to lift the truck using the diff case and fully extend the rear suspension then put jack stands under frame and take off tires then lower the jack it will let the suspension full droop then there is s bolt at the top and bottom you will need a hammer to get the factory shocks out of place. Hope this helps any questions pm me did mine today

Products Discussed in

To Top