1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to please my father.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by toy02ota, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Oct 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM
    toy02ota

toy02ota [OP] Local TW dissenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Brownsville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2005 Chevy Silverado
    I'm not a failure. I have worked since I was 15. I have been able to help the family out when we have been in hard times. I went for a year of college and worked at the same time. I had no idea what I was going for so thats why my parents and I came to the decision together that me working would be the best decision for the time being. I offered to move out or pay rent for my room there and they would not have it. I do things around the house. I keep my room looking good and I work outside all the time in the yard. Its not that I do nothing like he insinuated. I was thinking about it tonight and it got real bad this past month after my girlfriend and I broke up. They loved that girl and, despite the fact that she ended it, blamed me for the break up. They said to me at one point "How did you fuc* up a relationship of 2 years with such a great girl?" I hope that they aren't treating me like this because of a girl.

2. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    Spitz Stang

Spitz Stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD OR 4x4
    OME 885 / Dakar,5100's, 265/65-16

If you are 'planning' to join the Air Force or Marines why not do it now? They will give you a place to live and an income that should pay your bills.

3. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I'd bet my wallet It's because he wants you around the house more and to help out more at home. My dad is like my best friend but he was the same way when i was younger and i'm an engineer and before that and even through school i was always working 2-3 jobs at the same time

Products Discussed in

To Top