1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to Post and Resize your Photos with Photobucket Tutorial

Discussion in 'New Members' started by russphotobucket, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Sep 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    russphotobucket

russphotobucket [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '89 22r 4cyl 4WD
    Hi Everyone,

This is Russ at Photobucket. I am part of our Community Outreach Team and my job is to make sure that your forum is the best it can be. I have noticed several posts asking how to use Photobucket to store and link images to this forum. I created this easy to follow tutorial as an up-to-date reference; I hope it is helpful.

Most forums require you to link to images that are stored somewhere else on the web. This “somewhere else” is where Photobucket comes in. Photobucket is a site that will host your images for free, and allow you to grab the image’s linking information with just one click. It’s that easy.

Step number one: Open your Photobucket account or register for a free Photobucket account here.

Step number two: Upload your photos to your new Photobucket account.

Step number three: Post your photo into a forum thread. There are two ways to do this, and with Photobucket, they only require one click apiece.

The first way is to use the “Insert Photo” button in the toolbar when you create a new thread or response.
    First, find the photo on Photobucket in a new tab or window, locate the “Links to share this photo” box to the right of the image, and simply click on the bottom option, labeled “Direct”. Photobucket automatically copies the code for you, so there’s no need to right click and select copy from a menu.
    Next, open a new thread or response in the forum and click on the Insert Image button. A new dialogue box will appear asking you to enter the URL address for the photo. Simply paste the info you grabbed from Photobucket into the dialogue box and you’re done. Easy.
    [​IMG]

The other way to post a photo is to skip the Insert Photo button and just use the BBCode, or IMG Code. Find the photo on Photobucket that you want to link to. Then, in the “Links to share this photo” box to the right of the photo, simply click on the third option from the top, labeled “IMG”. This is already written in the BBCode your forum requires, so just paste it right into the text of the thread you are creating, and presto!
    [​IMG]

Some of you have also been asking about resizing your images. You can resize your photos before you upload them to Photobucket, or you can do it right from your Library.
    1. Select “Edit” from the top menu, then click the photo you want to resize. Additionally, from your Library view you can hover over the thumbnail of the photo you want till the gear icon appears. Click the gear and select “Edit” from the drop down menu.
    2. Click the “Resize” button
    3. Make sure the lock icon is selected to constrain proportions and enter the new height or width you want and click “Apply”
    4. The next screen will ask you to save. Below the save button is a box labeled “Replace Original”. If you leave this box empty, a duplicate will be created in the new size and will need to be renamed. If you check this box, the original will be replaced by the newly resized image.
    [​IMG]

I hope that helps. If you have any questions or feedback on what would make your photo hosting experience better, please send it my way.

RUSS
    Community Outreach
    community@photobucket.com

2. Oct 18, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    monstajp

monstajp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    las vegas
    Vehicle:
    2011 trd sport debadged
    Debadged, Blacked Out Taillights and 3rd Brakelight , Blacked Out Grille, Blacked Out Lower Valence, Hot Wheels Badges, Yellow Fog Lights, Rims and Tires. Undercover Swing Case, Pop-A-Lock on my Tailgate, N-FAB Step Bars, Extang Trifecta Bed cover, Aero Cat- Back Exhaust, PIAA Extreme white 4000k Bulbs, Readylift 2.25 Leveling Kit.
  3. Oct 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
  4. Jan 9, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    finzup

finzup Member

Member:
    SE Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB 4wd TRD off road
    3 in suspension lift, coverking neoprene seat covers ARE cap
    Ok,here goes......[​IMG]
    If this didn't work, any idea how to fix it?
    New iPad user

5. Jan 9, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    finzup

finzup Member

Member:
    SE Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB 4wd TRD off road
    3 in suspension lift, coverking neoprene seat covers ARE cap
    Awesome, it did work here. Why not in post #94 in the
    Muscle car thread, I wonder?

6. Jan 11, 2014 at 1:59 AM
    robssol

robssol @$%#TW!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, ACLB
    Fog lights mod, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, Plasti-dip rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED hood lights by tacodane, Rampage 22" LED light bar, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod.
  7. Jan 11, 2014 at 2:04 AM
    robssol

robssol @$%#TW!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Fog lights mod, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, Plasti-dip rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED hood lights by tacodane, Rampage 22" LED light bar, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod.
    Another try[​IMG]

8. Jan 11, 2014 at 2:19 AM
    robssol

robssol @$%#TW!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
  9. Feb 9, 2014 at 10:58 PM
    Dusty T.

Dusty T. Active Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma 4x4, TRD
    Not trying to negate Photobucket, but I have many photos through my Hotmail account and cannot for the life of me post pics off of SkyDrive. I've used the shared link that they provide to no avail. Used to post the link to the photo and it worked fine before the new SkyDrive platform. Anyone use this?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

10. Feb 24, 2014 at 7:50 PM
    pnwtaco

pnwtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    WA
    Vehicle:
    95 3.4 manual 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's, skyjacker leaf packs, diff drop, SDHQ hi-flex boots, 4x innovations tcase/trans mount, leather boot mod, LED amber side markers and LED dome light, 5k headlights, spray in bedliner
    Awesome. Very helpful, thanks

11. Mar 24, 2014 at 7:12 PM
    smmarine

smmarine Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Melbourne FL
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    Detroit truetrac, LED off-road lights front and back, HID headlights, LED parking, interior, license plate, and reverse light bulbs, 2003 tail lights, Cobra 19LTD Classic CB w/ 102" whip, deck plate mod
    [​IMG]

Test
    Edit:Works!

12. Mar 30, 2014 at 12:06 AM
    BBell

BBell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma TX
    2013 Tacoma TX 4.0 6 Speed Manual Volant CAI and air scoop Volant throttle body spacer DigiFit Weathertech Kevlar Seat Covers - Grey Interior LEDs Fab Fours PreRunner Bumper Body Armor Rock Sliders Painted radiator Rigid Industries 3x3 D2's DTL lighting kit Rigid Grill and 20" SLR2 light bar Plasti- badges Plasti- front grille surround Plasti- rear bumper MATT black rear taillights Night Raider rear LED light bar :D
    I'm thinking I need a photo bucket account

13. Mar 30, 2014 at 12:16 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    No Truck
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    I hate photo fuckit, slow , limited ..it blows thats all i got

although depending what OS you have microsoft has a small app thats called PowerToys , it's awesome for editing resizing & you haveit on your pc instead of having to put up with slow/glitchy photo fuckit..

14. Mar 31, 2014 at 12:12 PM
    bfireman5

bfireman5 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner
    18x9 American Eagle Hard Rock
  15. Apr 5, 2014 at 9:55 PM
    RedTacoKid1411

RedTacoKid1411 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Marksville, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Red 05 4x4 access cab
    New set of Mud Star 265/75/16, TRD decal, two 10' Kickers with 300 watt amp, TRD windshield decal, Husky floor mats.
    I like the rims. Im looking at getting some black Tuff rims, or get some grey TSS rims with some BFG AT's. Can't decide yet..

16. Apr 7, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    bfireman5

bfireman5 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner
    18x9 American Eagle Hard Rock
    There American Eagle Hard Rock series 18x9 with Nitto Grapplers

17. Apr 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM
    keaton1991

keaton1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    12 Pyrite DBL Cab Long Bed
    Icon 2.5 remote resi's front and desert racing A-arms, Icon 2.0 resi's with deaver leaf pack with POly bushings. Softopper
  18. Apr 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM
    keaton1991

keaton1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    12 Pyrite DBL Cab Long Bed
    Icon 2.5 remote resi's front and desert racing A-arms, Icon 2.0 resi's with deaver leaf pack with POly bushings. Softopper
  19. Jun 9, 2014 at 9:55 PM
    flavs23

flavs23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Flavio
    Gilbert, AZ.
  20. Jun 9, 2014 at 9:59 PM
    flavs23

flavs23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name: