1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How To Remove Bumper?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WATacoRider, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Aug 17, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    WATacoRider

WATacoRider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    I have a dent on the back left corner of my bumper. It was like when I bought it. Original owner doesn't know when or how it happened.

But I saw someone on here that had a similar damage and it was from jack knifing their boat trailer. I'm guessing something like that happened.

Anyways I check online every so often to see if I can find 1 for sale that's color matched, but haven't yet. Only black and chrome.

I'm guessing it would be several hundreds of dollars to get a shop to knock the dent or fill it in. I dont even really care about the paint marks there and it's not peeling or anything. The dent just annoys me so I'm thinking about maybe removing the bumper and see if I can hammer it out a little. Maybe heat it up with a heatgun to soften the metal a little without burning the paint?

But I live in an area that doesn't allow working on your vehicle, so I have to do the removal quickly before management sees.

Directions to removal of rear bumper?

[​IMG]

I've been waiting 2 years for someone to rear end me, but no such luck. :eek:

2. Aug 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM
    supralight

supralight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2013 4Runner limited
    subscribed

3. Aug 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    I bet Lurry could help you. Oh wait. Nm.

4. Aug 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    It should only be a few bolts and it will either drop off or slide off. Also Check the hitch it might come off too.

Products Discussed in

To Top