1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to save $ at Home Depot

Discussion in 'Deals & Coupons' started by HomerTaco, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Jun 26, 2010 at 8:13 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco [OP] Grill Sergeant Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    First things first.
    If you have a military ID you WILL receive 10% OFF up to a total discount of $500.00 for your purchase.
    Just present it at the checkout register.
    If you are buying more than $5000.00 worth of stuff then split it into 2 transactions....:rolleyes:

But more importantly....
    If you are doing a Home Improvement project and plan on spending more than $2500.00 on a single purchase then this is information you need:

The Home Depot started a Pilot program almost a decade ago that has become standard now in every store. It is known as the "Pro Desk".
    Usually located by the Lumber entrance/exit at each store, these desks are staffed with associates who's main job is to service Professional customers.
    One of the tools created for these desks during the development of the Pro Programs was known as the "Bid Room".
    Initially it was designed to secure bid pricing for large purchases (over 20K)& was a tedious manual process.
    In recent years Home Depot has made some serious IT upgrades and streamlined the process. They have also changed the name to: "The Volume Pricing Program" (VPP)
    Now in order to qualify for the VPP you have to be purchasing over $2500.00 worth of product.
    This does not include delivery fees, install fees, or tax.
    Some exceptions to this would be appliances & kitchen cabinets as there are specific discount programs for those products.
    In order to take advantage of this program you need to have the products you wish to purchase written up on a HD "Customer Agreement" or Quote AT THE PRO DESK, BY A PRO DESK ASSOCIATE.
    The associate will then submit your quote through the internal system to a group in Atlanta.
    9 times out of 10 if you are just purchasing "in-stock" material your discount price will be returned to the store within 30 seconds.
    If you have some sort of special order product the quote may be sent out to the Vendor to negotiate a better cost due to the size of the order & that may take a bit longer.
    Here is the bottom line:
    If your going to be doing a Home Improvement Project, and your going to spend over $2500.00, go to the Pro Desk & ask that they submit your order to the VPP.
    Contractor or not, they are the ones that do it.

Q - What's the Discount?

A - Well that depends on the product! Obviously there is not as much profit in lumber $& Drywall as there is in fasteners & lightbulbs.
    It really depends on the project/product you are purchasing.

I can say this though...
    If I were a military guy buying $5000 worth of stuff I'd most likely get a better discount using the VPP then my Military discount!
    Give it a shot!
    Remember this too:
    Home Depot originated the 10% price guarantee!
    :D

2. Jun 26, 2010 at 8:17 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    when i was doing construction id always basically name my price for roofing jobs. One time i bought roofing materials and told them i wanted 10% and i wanted a spare bostich nailer thrown in and they gave one to me!!!

That was lowes

3. Jun 27, 2010 at 4:20 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    SBurl Vermont
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    Yes been using this at my Home Depot for awhile, very nice :D

4. Jun 30, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    jnoley07

jnoley07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black DC TRD SPORT 4X4
    Lowes does 10% on everything. If you buy a box of nails and show your military ID, you get 10% off.

5. Jun 30, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    And so does Home Depot.:D

6. Jul 7, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    Burns

Burns Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Truck is Sold
    Some good info man, I will try this when I buy my vinyl fence later this month! :thumbsup:

7. Jul 10, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R
    I don't have military id so all I do is head to USPS and get 5 or so address change packets that have the 10% off lowes coupon in them and use that at either The Depot or Lowes. When I run out, I just go get some more packets.

8. Jul 10, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    Ha ha, I do this too :D

9. Jul 10, 2010 at 1:22 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    This is good to know...I'm looking at buying some new appliances next month for the house I'm buying and then by next summer I'll be building a deck and/or Florida room.

10. Jul 10, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I just go to Lowe's and save money.....................I avoid the H D at all costs..............hate that place.............poor service among other things.........(having 15-25 illegals swarm my truck every time I leave)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSiw0UQeW_g

11. Jul 10, 2010 at 1:51 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    My buddy likes to kick dents into the floor models, and get the "scratch & dent" price. I don't recommend this practice.

12. Jul 10, 2010 at 1:52 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...I see that backfiring at some point....plus I don't really want to buy dented stuff even if it is cheap...

13. Jul 12, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T|X Baja
    Supercharged
    A buddy who worked for Lowes told me to order custom paint, then never pick it up then to go back a few days later and I'd find it on a rack with other returned paint for a fraction of the cost.

14. Aug 17, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    ntinhri

ntinhri Active Member

Member:
    http://www.animatedgif.net/naughty/new/comehere.gif
    Lowes offers QSP (volume discounting), same program HD offers, In fact we had is first. HD is trying to be like Lowe's since we were kicking their ars! Typically we wont limit your 10% off either.. show your military ID and bam 10% off...

15. Aug 21, 2010 at 8:30 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Obviously ntinhri is misinformed. The HD VPP has been around for over 9 years. QSP "Quote Support Program" did not exist when my wife worked there and that was 5 years ago.

16. Sep 6, 2010 at 6:17 PM
    jrdbrn

jrdbrn Borne Fishing

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno Tacoma TSS
    I think us regular joes should get 10% for paying taxes so the military can waste it overseas. Did I say that out loud?

17. Sep 6, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    Sullyman

Sullyman Crusty ole' conservative fart

Member:
    Augusta, Georgia area
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black TRD Sport
    Cat-back exhaust, BluLogic, Back-up Camera, Extang Solid Fold Tonnau cover, Pop-n-Lock PL8521 electronic tailgate lock, 4-leaf TSB, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Smittybuilt Nerf Step Bars, Toyota bed mat, Tinted the windows darker, CB with custom fab'd antenna mount, Grillcraft grill, AFE Pro Dry S filter with secondary filter removed. Differential breather relocation mod. Bridgestone Dueler AT/Revo 2 tires Weathertech mats Spec-D HID Halo's Bilstein 5100s front set at 2.5" w/OEM springs 4-leaf TSB w/ SkyJacker add-a-leaf
    I save money at home depot all the time by shopping at Lowes...Love the discount they extend to retirees too...

18. Sep 7, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    the Lowcountry
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    LOL
    I don't think most of the troops waste it. If anything, it's the ridiculous fees that the equipment manufacturers and those types charge for making the items the troops use!

To Top