1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Howard Stern Fans?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by DEEVON911, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Oct 7, 2019 at 8:04 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    I finally found the beginning. Had to really jump around.

Cativelense[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Oct 7, 2019 at 8:06 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    Yeah, I had to do the same thing. :annoyed:

DEEVON911[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  3. Oct 7, 2019 at 8:16 AM
    NJTacomaOffRoad

NJTacomaOffRoad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Franco
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Access Off Road Pyrite Mica
    Working On It
    Hate that they started early, you say 11, stick with it. Also, the app is great bc it has the old shows. However, I hate it too. Keep in mind I listen to the show after it airs, i download the episodes, so my experience might b e different than yours.

The old shows they play while on vacation, can they put the date of original show date. Im always trying to figure out approx when the show is from.

If I lose signal, bc I work in NYC so Im underground sometimes (subways, NJT), the show jumps to the latest part, so now I have to rewind and find my spot again. Anyone who has had to do that know the playhead sucks for doing that. What could help is a timer that tells you the current position of the playhead.

Last thing is I feel like they cut the shows short when playing them back later, play the show close sometimes they talk about things after Robins news. They also cut out the commercials (which is great), but sometimes they talk about things in between the commercials too.

Love Howard Stern, but the app needs some work.

Cativelense likes this.
  4. Oct 7, 2019 at 8:49 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    I've heard a couple shows on the app where it goes a little after the news if they keep talking. I don't think they cut that off. And I love the no commercials and totally willing to sacrifice the little bit of back and forth during live commercials to not have to listen to them.

5. Oct 7, 2019 at 8:54 AM
    NJTacomaOffRoad

Member:
    First Name:
    Franco
    Vehicle:
    Working On It
    The shows you heard on the app were they downloaded or the replay from earlier in the day? The downloaded version cuts right when Howard thanks Robin.

6. Oct 7, 2019 at 10:05 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    I listen to the downloaded shows often. Although I don't download I just listen from "on demand" directly. But yes if there's nothing else after the news it does abruptly cut off. But I've heard a couple shows that have a little extra if they keep talking.

Cativelense likes this.
  7. Oct 7, 2019 at 10:08 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    :Spoiler alert: I'm way behind still but I'm shocked that Arnold Schwarzenegger is on! I was waiting for it to be the fake...

Cativelense likes this.
  8. Oct 7, 2019 at 10:10 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    I'm about to come up to him being on... that's how far behind I'm on.

DEEVON911[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  9. Oct 7, 2019 at 11:08 AM
    jester156

jester156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cumberland, RI
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4. 3.0l Duramax
    even further behind, Still talking with his BFF Jimmy. We get the bromance, move on Howard.

10. Oct 7, 2019 at 11:15 AM
    NJTacomaOffRoad

Member:
    First Name:
    Franco
    Vehicle:
    Working On It
    If you were to download the episodes, they never air anything after the news. Also, todays episode right after Arnold was on, they did a prodigal son promo, they kept talking about arnold during that, I can bet that wont be on the download version. Stern Show is great though overall.

11. Oct 7, 2019 at 12:09 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    I started late. For some reason I missed the first part. I'll catch the beginning this afternoon. Fun show so far. I like that it seems unpredictable this week.

DEEVON911[OP] and Cativelense like this.
  12. Oct 7, 2019 at 12:28 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Who do you guys think that Robert Downey Jr was talking about, about having a bit of a scuffle with?!

13. Oct 7, 2019 at 12:53 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    Slightest idea who it would be. Maybe someone else from another show. Could be a grouped green room.

Cativelense likes this.
  14. Oct 8, 2019 at 5:49 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Finishing up yesterday's show right now. I stopped listening during the Jennifer Aniston part because of work, so listening to it now.

15. Oct 8, 2019 at 6:17 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    They didn't do any news with Robin yesterday?!?!

LAME

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Taco-Obsessed likes this.
  16. Oct 8, 2019 at 6:57 AM
    jester156

Member:
    Cumberland, RI
    Vehicle:
    nope, show ended right after J.A.

today should be good with snoop, rogan and marble mouth JD. I just hope he has a good time.

I find it weird the LA set is very similar to the NY set and that howard has his own studio. wonder if he will have more virtual interviews now with a place on the left coast.

17. Oct 8, 2019 at 6:58 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Hmm... very interesting about the virtual interview thing. That would be awesome, I think, and could open up the doors to a lot of guests from the West Coast.

18. Oct 8, 2019 at 8:03 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Today's show should be about to start, if it hasn't already.

I'm listening via the Sirius site right now, and yesterday's show repeat is about to end.

19. Oct 8, 2019 at 8:41 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Flirty Gary is fucking hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DEEVON911[OP] and MadTaco461 like this.
  20. Oct 8, 2019 at 9:54 AM
    jester156

Member:
    Cumberland, RI
    Vehicle:
    Seth and Snoop are killing it. Bring on JD.

MadTaco461 and Cativelense like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top