1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How's the economy treating you these days?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by surfsupl, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Jul 13, 2010 at 9:23 AM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
  2. Jul 13, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    4 years for me. i work for a small, family-owned business. we are holding our own, but i know profits for the owners have dropped off to nothing. going to need a raise of some kind in the next year or may have to find a part-time job to suppliment income.

3. Jul 13, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    nagelg

nagelg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    Rest easy boys, knowing the bigshots that caused this economic mess are up and running again with their multi million dollar bonuses.

4. Jul 13, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Indeed, companies that required multiple taxpayer bailouts to prevent bankruptcy that very same year continued offering enormous bonuses to their executives, even though they were losing money hand-over-fist.

Warm and fuzzy.

5. Jul 13, 2010 at 12:09 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Do I smell politics?

IBTLO!

6. Jul 13, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    Mush Mouse

Mush Mouse Club Soda Not Seals

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    where ever you want me to be
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    its a Toyota truck and that's all the modifications needed
    That may be true but Id rather work for Big Businesses more money,better benefits I hope they help out Big Businesses that supply higher paying stable employment,put it this way Id rather work for Toyota Motor Corp. than work at the corner garage

7. Jul 13, 2010 at 12:52 PM
    tbturner47

tbturner47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Barcelona Red TRD Off Road
    I'm trying to start a new career in Land Surveying. No one has ANY work in this area so nobody is hiring:(

8. Jul 13, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    Mush Mouse

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    Dont go there thats where Ive been since the late 1980's,Its a dead end dude,Boom or Bust economys rule whether you got a job or not and most of the Engineering firms treat Surveyors like Red Headed step children.

9. Jul 13, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    They should cut taxes to ALL businesses. Or in this case, not let them go up in 2011. Working for the big company would have some great benefits, but the majority of Americans, like myself, work at the corner garage. A Chevy dealer in my case.:)

10. Jul 13, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    Mush Mouse

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    Yes I agree,my idea of a small business is a Deli sandwich shop,nail salon,candle shop stuff like that,at this point I think Chevy Corp might be considered a small business cause nobody wants one,they are all buying Yotas or Hondas

11. Jul 13, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    It's gotten pretty nervewrecking at one point but THANK GOD i'm doing good.
    I do shipping for a pharmaceutical company and since i'm basicaly the only certified hazmat shipper, I feel pretty secure. I actually told my current employer I got an offer at another job so they counter offered and gave me a raise (about 1 months ago).
    Now I just got word that our export manager wants me to help her and eventually do ALL the export documentation for our site. My manager already told me that once that happens, they'll be giving me another raise since it's a much more involved and specialized position. I look to get all this trianing and experience and maybe go to FedEx or something like that and get payed even more..

I truly hope the economy and the world as a whole gets better soon, for everybody.

12. Jul 13, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    NAAC3TACO

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    Good point.:D

13. Jul 13, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    Mush Mouse

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    I think FEDX and UPS like drivers that come with a CDL License,I think Im going to try to get one,it helps getting in the door for certain jobs

14. Jul 13, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Thats true Chris, but wanting to create jobs and being the reason we are all in this mess are two totally different issues. This economy was f*cked long before Mr Obama came along and probably will be long after he is not re-elected. We can all thank little Bush & his desire to deregulate the Mortgage industry for this shitstorm.:(

15. Jul 13, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    Mush Mouse

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    Not quite the economy started to slip at the end of Clintons term and Bush inherited it,since Sept. 11 Massacre by Terrorists out situation sucks for jobs and economy we can all thank them for this mess,we probably wouldnt be involved in the Middle East at all if it werent for these Terrorists fuckin up the world,all our Money$$$ could stay home to work on the US peoples behalf:cool:

16. Jul 13, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    NAAC3TACO

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    The deregulation of the mortgage industry started in 1999 under Clinton, however, the Bush administration did nothing to stop it. In my opinion both the left, the right, and the atmosphere in Washington caused this. 9/11 and two wars didn't help. I'm a fiscal conservative, but I'm not going to get into Obama bashing. Not only is it banned on this forum, but it's counter-productive in my opinion.

17. Jul 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    It will definitely be a + for you if you already have a CDL. I wouldn't be applying for the driver's positions though. With my experience, i'd be applying for like DG compliance. There are a lot of pharmaceutical companies here in San Diego and most of them export items, so we'll see. It's not the most exciting thing ever but it pays pretty good - without a college degree...:( (My Lazy ass)

18. Jul 13, 2010 at 2:00 PM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Thats true is was bipartism f*ck up & now we all get to pay, just getting tired of everyone piling on Obama, I am not saying he has done everything right but we can't blame him for all our problems.

19. Jul 13, 2010 at 2:06 PM
    nagelg

nagelg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    Just the facts Ma'am, just the facts.

Products Discussed in

To Top