1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HU Manuals??

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by bkfarrell, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Jan 1, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    bkfarrell

bkfarrell [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner DC Debaged
    I've been researching for a few days now on how to keep my OEM look and add Sat/Bluetooth. Figured out that the easiest solution was to replace the HU in my 2008DC for a new SAT ready OEM unit. I picked up the A51864 unit for a good price and all ready have the SAT hardware to make the install. Question is, is this unit Bluetooth compatible? Does anyone have any technical info/manual for this HU? I'm trying to figure out what all the connections are that are on the back.

Also,
    I've found a thread on adding the steering wheel controls to the right side but have not found any information as to what else is needed to make the Bluetooth work. Is there any other hardware?

Thanks for the assistance.

2. Jan 4, 2011 at 6:03 AM
    bkfarrell

bkfarrell [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner DC Debaged
    Does anyone know what plug on the back of the radio is used for the steering wheel controls? I cut the connector off the cable a while back and don't remember where is went???? I'll have to fabricate a new connections but just need to figure out which connector it went to.

3. Apr 27, 2011 at 2:48 PM
    fbconvert

fbconvert Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Seacoast, NH
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
    I believe it is the R-3 plug or the one on the far left if you are looking at the back of the stereo. I too am looking for this unit, just curious what you got yours for. Also do these units come with bluetooth or do you need to buy a separate module. I figure you will need to get a microphone at the very least but any info would be great.

Check out this thread, the text file in the first post is for a non jbl system but I believe the R-3 connection is the same still. It will map out where the steering wheel wires need to go.

Products Discussed in

To Top