1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hub or Lug Centric?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TacomaJack09, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Dec 27, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    TacomaJack09

TacomaJack09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Billie 5100's, Ride Rite Airbags, Tech Deck
    Looking at getting Spidertrax wheel spacers, but unsure if I should buy the Hub or Lug Centric spacers?

Spidertrax website says I should buy Hub Centric spacers but in quotations it says (w/o Locking Hubs). I have manual locking hubs. So what spacer is for me??

I've emailed Spidertrax, and they weren't much help obviously, that's why i'm asking you all! :)

Anyone running spacers on there 1997 with locking hubs???

Thanks TW!

http://www.spidertrax.com/Toyota-Hub-Centric-Spacer

2. Dec 27, 2010 at 1:24 PM
    malander

malander That's some tight butthole

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    I searched and found valid evidence on both sides of the argument. I just went to wheelers and bought what was on their site, thinking they must have it figured out. We'll see how they fit once it warms up outside, it's still too cold to do anything out there

3. Dec 27, 2010 at 2:23 PM
    TacomaJack09

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4

Cool, I'll check out wheelers too! I was unaware they carried spacers!

Thanks!

Anyone else??

4. Dec 27, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    TacomaJack09

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Hmm, well wheelers states the same thing:

Application Guide:
    - 1995-Up Tacoma 4WD (w/o Locking Hubs)
    In addition, each wheel spacer is both wheel & hub centric for a perfect OEM fit.

Lets say my front hubs are Hub Centric, would my rear hubs also be Hub Centric? I want to buy sets for F & R?

Thanks!

5. Dec 27, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    Tacomadude89

Tacomadude89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    California
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD SR5, 3.4, 5spd
    -Bilstein 5100 Series shocks on all 4 corners -Rancho HD lift coils -1/4" Toytec driverside top plate spacer -Toytec 1" diff drop -Wheelers 1.5" AAL's -Toytec 1" lift shackles -Revtek extended length BPV bracket -285/75/16 BFG KO T/A's -Pro Comp rims -ET Conical tyle lug nuts -Spidertrax 1.5" wheel Spacers -CV Boot slide mod -TRD skid plate -Magnaflow 14" round muffler -Shortened tailpipe hidden behind framerail -Toyota bug deflector -Weathertech floormats -Black leather seat covers -Valentine 1 Radar Detector
    I was confused as well before I bought my spacers from them because they list the years of the first gen working for both lug and hub centric. I asked this same type of question as well before I got mine, and some people stated that they had hub centric spacers on their first gen's and that it doesn't matter, so I'm not really sure how that all works.

One thing for sure though is that the first gen Tacoma's are lug centric and that's why I bought mine that way, the 1.5" 'early style'.

FYI, the hub centric spacers have a smaller center bore than the lug centric ones do, so keep that in mind for your manual hubs as well.

6. Dec 27, 2010 at 4:55 PM
    malander

malander That's some tight butthole

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    waiiiitt. I think i recall a thread stating that you couldn't run spacers on a manual hubs because of the hub itself. I could be wrong though but think about it, you would have to "reach" into the rim to lock the hub. I could be wrong though, for some reason I feel like I've seen something like that

7. Dec 28, 2010 at 5:38 AM
    TacomaJack09

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    I just got confirmation from Dan at Wheelers that the Hub Centric spacers will fit!

8. Sep 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM
    michaelw.grey

michaelw.grey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    pensacola, florida
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 SR5 3.4L V6 AUTO Ext Cab
    Full ome kit with 882's,icon uca's, line x bed, 32" bfg muds, 2nd gen rims, low pro tool box,
    is it too late revive this old thread. I need spacers for my manual hubs but not sure if my only option is to get lug centric spacers? anyone got some info? also where can i find lug centric spacers if thats my only option?

To Top