1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hudiburg Toyota OKC is now Post Oak Toyota (and my experience with them)

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by Grindstone, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Nov 17, 2019 at 4:08 PM
    Grindstone

Grindstone [OP] Requires Adult Supervision

Member:
    Apparently ol' Hudiburg is retiring and sold his dealership to "Post Oak Toyota". I guess they're originally out of Tulsa? I used to go to Hudiburg to get serviced when I lived on the Southside and before I did my own maintenance. Other than one instance where a service guy said I had a screw in my tire (Discount Tire couldn't find it) I never had any real issues with Hudiburg, so I opted to give PO a try.

I won't go into the minor stuff (loud-ass music inside being a big deal to me with hearing loss) and I'll just relay my experience.

I had emailed an inquiry regarding ordering a new truck and they were quick to respond. They had just taken over that week and were "eager to establish themselves in the OKC market" as the guy said. I gave him the specifics of what I wanted (TRD OR, QS, Prem, Adv Tech) and he said he'd get back to me. The next day the manager calls me and asks how her guy is doing. I said I was still waiting to hear on my request, she asked me to reiterate it to her.

4 days later not a peep. We happened to be in MWC so we stopped by to take a look at the lot and talk. First sales guy to come out and greet us was really great. I had mentioned I had been in contact with another, so he didn't want to poach me. After a bit he got hold of the internet sales guy who brought me to his desk.

Keeping this somewhat brief, I repeated what I was looking for and had preapproval from the bank, but he didn't have any on the lot. I said I wouldn't mind ordering it, but he expressed doubt that it existed at all. I said I had two VINs of trucks in Colorado that I found on Autotrader that Toyota VIN check confirmed to be exactly what I wanted. He didn't take down the VINs, but he did go back to his manager to 'talk it over'. When he came back he said he couldn't find any in the Gulf region to that specification, but could put in an order for one in 3 months. I was ok with that and asked for the final price. He gave me the list and I found it included several of the extra add-ons which raised the price to the same as a Pro. I told him I didn't want the useless tube steps or $70 USB wires, etc. $250 for tinting was also pushing it. He said those were port-installed and not optional, but went back to the manager to work it out. Eventually he came back with another price with some of the extras knocked off. I asked him to confirm this would be the final, and he said it was before the fees.

Now, if you've fallen asleep, now is the time to pay attention.

The final 'fees' were a 499 dealer charge (which is expected) and a whopping $999 "protection plan" that covers chipped windows, paintless dent repair, lost fob, and a few others.
    Almost all already covered by my insurance.
    At my prompt, he said the plan was for 6 months.

And it is non-optional.

I thanked him for his time and walked out.

2. Nov 17, 2019 at 5:11 PM
    Himjo

Himjo Mo'frackee Extraordinaire

Member:
    SW OK
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    2" lift, Snugtop XtraVision, Yakima MegaWarrior mit extension

Same story-line down here in Lawton. The $499, they call 'docs fee.' "Mandatory," they said. Supposed to be a state thing. And same-same with the protection plan.

The looks on their faces when I ended up going with a two-year old model, low miles, and got it for $3k less than asking...priceless. Payments cut almost in half. And they had to eat the 'docs fee' out of whatever profit was made. Guess they really wanted to sell that truck.

3. Nov 20, 2019 at 7:03 PM
    Jeremy Martin

Jeremy Martin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen Taco
    Order to delivery in 6 months? That is really unfortunate, Hudiburg used to be pretty good to work with. Fowler in Norman is garbage so I wish you the best of luck if you try there.
    You can drive to Colorado to pick up one of the two that you found in like 10-12 hours, it's not a bad drive at all.

Grindstone[OP] likes this.
  4. Nov 22, 2019 at 7:03 AM
    Zacowacko

Zacowacko Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    SW, OK
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TE 4x4 6spd
    TRD Pro Susp., Icon AAL, Bags w/cradles, US OR Bumper w/Smitty, 2Lo Mod
    I've really never had a good experience from any dealer, aside from some service departments. They sales and finance people always try to tack on garbage at the very end, after you sit there for two hours. Their sneaky way of wearing you down. Wish they did it the old way that Scions used to be handled. Price you see is what you pay, sort of thing. Just got the wife a new Highlander from Fowler a few weeks ago. Pretty much same story as you described, but there wasnt a protection plan, just the BS sales pitches from finance on warranties and other crap you dont want. They were better than some others i have been to.

5. Dec 20, 2019 at 7:13 PM
    WreckedRooster

WreckedRooster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM DCSB
    I bought my 2020 model from Toyota of Ardmore. They did everything right, no complaints at all. Bent over backwards to make sure I received one of the first (if not the first) Pro’s in the state. I took delivery on October 11th. Would be a drive for any of you metro people, but they are a solid crew and don’t blow smoke.

6. Dec 25, 2019 at 12:13 PM
    GasPowered

GasPowered Well-Known Member

Member:
    OK
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRD OR 4x4 SSM
    This is what I did.
    I found exactly what I was looking for on the internet, called the internet sales department, got a quote quite a bit below invoice and put a deposit on it over the phone.
    Took a direct Southwest flight to Denver, they picked me up at the airport, and I was on my way back to OKC in about 2 1/2 hours. Pretty painless.

Cheers

FYI.... It was Mountain States Toyota

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Brian007Taco and Grindstone[OP] like this.
  7. Jan 20, 2020 at 5:59 PM
    TRDOR2020

TRDOR2020 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Access Cab TRD Off Road Super White
    Same story line here. No luck with ANY dealer in the Gulf States Region. Could not find a single access cab TRD Offroad with the options I wanted (in any color). Found the exact truck build I wanted sitting on a lot in Seattle, Washington. No stupid "port installed" mandatory options. FWIW, the Gulf States region is owned by a private distributor: they dictate all port installed options and pricing to every dealer in the Gulf States Region.

Drove my new truck back from Washington State. 2200 miles...made several detoured stops along the way to visit with some long-time military friends. Great experience, great trip.

Grindstone[OP] and GasPowered like this.
  8. Jan 20, 2020 at 6:13 PM
    Grindstone

Grindstone [OP] Requires Adult Supervision

Member:
    Yeah, I was about to head over to CO to pick up a QS OR with all the options I wanted (which PO refused to believe existed).

As a side note, hey! An ABM! Were you on AWACS? If so, what squadron? I was 960th.

9. Jan 20, 2020 at 6:21 PM
    TRDOR2020

TRDOR2020 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Access Cab TRD Off Road Super White
    Small world. Yes AWACS...963d (2x), 962d (1x), Tyndall School House for one tour. More time in the desert than anywhere else.

10. Feb 4, 2020 at 8:16 AM
    Hamr25

Hamr25 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRDOR
    We inquired about a 4runner for the wife at Post Oak. They asked what our max budget was, which was no more than 50k. Their first offer came out at 56k. I told em to get bent and left. I normally do this as a negotiating tactic, which worked when I bought my Tacoma from Bob Howard. Never heard back from them after that. BTW I'm a former AWACS Crew Chief. I have probably worked/deployed/TDY'd with both of you in the past if you have been in since 2009 thru 2017.

To Top