1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hunter Grille Guard

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Pugga, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Sep 13, 2011 at 5:49 AM
    Pugga

Pugga [OP] Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Just a heads up to anyone running one (I know they're not popular on this site so I'm sure not many), I've had mine on for almost 3 years and one of the welds let go. The weld that held the light bar to the main vertical piece of the grille guard broke on me and my lights were left just flapping in the breeze. Fortunately I caught it and removed it before the lights broke or the weld on the other side broke off but just wanted to give a heads up to anyone else who has one. Here are some pics of what happened to mine.

FWIW, Hunter has been working with me so far on warrantying this issue. No results yet but they've been very responsive so far so we'll see what happens.

Hunter Gaurd.jpg
    Hunter Grille Gaurd.jpg

2. Sep 26, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    Pugga

Pugga [OP] Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Update, the guys from Hunter weren't responding to e-mails so I ended up calling them to find out what they could do to help me out. They apologized and explained they just underwent a management change and my file was not forgotten about. They said if I would ship the broken piece back to them, they would re-weld it, polish it and ship it back. The only cost to me would be shipping to them, return shipping would be on them. Not bad considering the grille guard is over 3 years old :thumbsup:

Anyone dealing with Hunter for a customer service issue, give them a call, they seem to be slow to respond to e-mails but took care of me quickly over the phone.

3. Sep 26, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Glad they are helping you out, that weld looked terrible not too much penetration.

To Top